Author Topic: 2mg. xanax to diazepam taper  (Read 215 times)

[Buddie]

2mg. xanax to diazepam taper
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:11:23 pm »
Hi, I take .5 mg of xanax 4 times a day, a total of 2mg. of xanax. What would my taper schedule be to switch over to diazepam (40mg.), and what would my taper schedule be to taper off totally? Thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 2mg. xanax to diazepam taper
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:33 am »
Hi [...], I had a similar problem, since Dr Ashton only provides examples of high dosage schedules. Outis helped me out with a schedule to reduce from lower doses of Xanax and crossover to Valium. You can see his schedule in
Substitution Taper Plans / Slow Withdrawal Schedule which he suggests as a guide only.

Best of luck  :thumbsup: [...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 02:44:09 pm »
Thanks, [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:31:15 pm »
[...]
You can taper directly from xanax.Challis do it with xanax.