Narcolepsy?

[id...]

Anyone cannot stay awake during the day, despite getting adequate (6-7 hrs) sleep at night?

Different from being sleepy during the day, but actually completely shutting down.

Yes it was awful. I could barely stay out of bed for about two months. I am still tired, but am functioning.

Thank you for your response, et1! Did you have it during your taper or after?

My taper was non-existent because I was in tolerance and getting sick every time I took my dose, so I was off in a month.

I didn't have the fatigue until month 2. I had horrible terror for the first month which morphed into exhaustion and physical pain which are slowly starting to improve. I would say my overall energy has improved from what it was in months 2-5, which was absolutely awful. I would drag myself out of bed to do the bare minimum to take care of my family and my life. I had to quit work during this time because I was just too sick and tired. I felt like my brain would just shut down and I would have to obey and go lay down and rest.

I have glimpses of this now, but nowhere near as bad as before. I think it will get better. I have to say is that for me, it was preferable to the horrible fear and mental symptoms that happened right after jumping. I don't think I would have made it if that continued without going down a medication/re-instatement route. I try and remember that, and be grateful that my symptoms have been more physical than mental. Hang in there, I believer the fatigue will improve. Like I said, fatigue is better than terror. At least your brain and body are getting a break so that they can heal.

Hi et1.

Was interested in what you had to say about being in tolerance and feeling sick each time you took your dose.  I am in tolerance and feel the same is happening to me.  What did you do?

I took a (first) 12.5% cut (too quick, I know) 2 days ago and feel so bad today.  Did you make it rapid because you were in tolerance?  I've had the terror and don't think I could endure it again.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Dee  :smitten:

Ideal, I had this exactly...

And was convinced I had narcolepsy.

I was still on a combo of psychiatric drugs, had just decreased one AD by large chunks as told to do by doctor. And I became NON-FUNCTIONAL. 3 pm day in and day out, I'd have to crash on the sofa and sleep (felt like I was passed out) for 3 to 4 hours. I can't put into words how terrible this was... I didn't understand what was happening to me and felt so ashamed. It felt oh-so permanent, and for me, lasted months if not over a year in severe intensity - I was not yet tapering but that is what decided me to start. It slowly got better... for me, symptoms do not "lift", they seem to gradually fade... I was actually just thinking about that last night in bed: it had felt so PERMANENT!!! And now I am back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day... so I really do not think you have narcolepsy, even if it feels like it, it is just another "crazy symptom".

And it will go away... it could lift one day never to come back, or gradually fade until one day you look back and realise that you haven't taken a nap in weeks or months. I read of that kind of thing on BBs and wondered how that was possible... until I realised it had happened to me already lol.

The one thing that "helped" when I was in this "narcolepsy" phase was to try to not combat it. You know you need your sleep, so let yourself rest. Your body and brain will know how to use this extra sleep to heal  :thumbsup:

And remember that you are not alone  :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Julz