Symptoms Get Better as Day Goes By?? Meaning??

[Mi...]

Hi there,

I am at .1875mg of my Klonopin taper. I seem to be doing as okay as can be expected, but I have noticed a weird pattern to my symptoms. When I wake up in the morning, I feel very anxious and this continues for several hours (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, I start the day at a 7-8). Then around lunch time, I start to feel better and by bed time when I take my Klonopin I feel pretty good (like a 1-2)..

Have others experienced this? Is this a good sign? Bad sign? Normal?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

That seems to be my pattern too, and I take it as a good sign.

Mornings can be really bad with fear, dread, DR/DP, anxiety, whilst as tonight less fearful but flu symptoms, itch and back pain.  Have DR but less intense. 

I can deal with the physical stuff better than I can with the head stuff which can be really frightening.

Glad to know this is the norm. I hope it is a sign that I am healing. It scares me to imagine how long this can go on for.

That seems to be my pattern too, and I take it as a good sign.

Mornings can be really bad with fear, dread, DR/DP, anxiety, whilst as tonight less fearful but flu symptoms, itch and back pain.  Have DR but less intense. 

I can deal with the physical stuff better than I can with the head stuff which can be really frightening.

deadwoodgone--How often do you feel DR/DP? I feel that this is also worst in mornings and seems to come and go without warning? I am hoping this symptom will go away as it's quite frightening.

My symptoms are the opposite.  I am having a lot of mental and physical anguish.  I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep.  Rarely will

I go back to sleep, but this is just briefly just before my final awakening.  I've only gotten 3.5-4.5 for the last 2+ years.  When I get up, I feel lower anxiety.  As

the morning progresses toward 11:00 and onward, I get progressively worse and it lasts all day until around 9 p.m. when I take my dose of valium to sleep.

Had tapered again a few weeks back, but this has been my pattern.  Lately, however, I do notice more depression setting in.  Had not had that much prior to

this final tapering attempt.

[1f...]

thats a similar pattern for many people. some explanation is the cortisol levels are crazy high in the morning and blood pressure is elevated. my mornings were horrrrrible for a loong time, i was stumbling through work feeling just awful and then around 2pm it would finally start to subside a bit. some refer to these as the toxic mornings.

this finally, mercifully faded a great deal in post for me a few months out. ive been very sensitive to this whole process, so most shouldnt have it as bad as i did, the toxic mornings for other people have faded as their taper goes down. its all individual of course.

for me, i noticed these mornings have kinda outlined where my baseline is at. im still prone to the rollercoaster of windows and waves, but my mornings have subsided and overall im a lot better than befrore my jump and acute.

hang in there guys, heartbreaking what so many are going through. ive had a really rough 2 years all told with this now, but its all getting better, it can end for everyone.

So, can someone then explain to me why my symptoms get worse as lunch time comes around and lingers all day, growing worse and worse??  Thanks.  Anything would be

greatly appreciated.  I am getting desperate! 

Hi Lynn I think everyone is different l definitely wouldn't panic about the time of day you feel worse.l am a lot better in the morning, afternoon not good evening a bit better.l don't think it is anything to get caught up with.