Feel like calling 911

[No...]

Tonight is intense waves from hell. Agitation, panic, muscle spasms I think DR/DP. I'm freaking out and feel like calling an ambulance but don't know what good it would do. I don't want to cause drama at the E.R. for nothing and don't know if they will just prescribe a benzo. Any advice please. ?

On those night all I've had is breathing. Breathe in 4 hold 8 breathe out 8. Repeat, all night if you must. We are here for you. Promise.

This helped me more than you will ever know. Thank you, just hearing someone else has felt this helps a lot.

We care. This is a meditation breathing my sister taught me. It also helps to push your tongue to the roof of your mouth upon exhale. If you're breathing, you're alive.

:smitten:

[62...]
As someone who has caved literally dozens of times and gone to the ER for the same reasons you have described, remind yourself that they can't help you. I know how difficult that is but they really can't. I only experience doctors and nurses who are clueless about benzos and pretty much dismiss me as someone with anxiety so they either just give me an Ativan or do a psych eval where as long as I'm not homicidal/suicidal/hearing voices they send me home 8 excruciatingly boring hours of sitting under fluorescent lights listening to beeping and the moans of people in pain with nothing actually fixed or even addressed. I wish there was a place for us to go that actually helps but the ER isn't it. It's a safety seeking behavior and I do it ALL the time. It's a hard habit for me to break because I'm so convinced that I'm dying or going crazy but neither has happened yet. Hang in there and do everything you can to distract. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Thank you so much!

As someone who has caved literally dozens of times and gone to the ER for the same reasons you have described, remind yourself that they can't help you. I know how difficult that is but they really can't. I only experience doctors and nurses who are clueless about benzos and pretty much dismiss me as someone with anxiety so they either just give me an Ativan or do a psych eval where as long as I'm not homicidal/suicidal/hearing voices they send me home 8 excruciatingly boring hours of sitting under fluorescent lights listening to beeping and the moans of people in pain with nothing actually fixed or even addressed. I wish there was a place for us to go that actually helps but the ER isn't it. It's a safety seeking behavior and I do it ALL the time. It's a hard habit for me to break because I'm so convinced that I'm dying or going crazy but neither has happened yet. Hang in there and do everything you can to distract. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I figured as much, I thought maybe there would be someone who might know what to but I think all they would give is a benzo or recommend a psych ward. Having some suicidal ideation right now, exhausted after a year taper and months of suffering. Not anything I want to act on but I think some of you might understand.

[62...]
I understand 100%. I feel that way everyday! If you are truly suicidal or thinking of harming yourself then definitely go but if not I don't think the ER will be able to do anything for you unfortunately.

I'm at an ER now. It's comforting not to be alone but it's an awful Ton of money and pain to go through for several minutes of empathy and company. I'm still waiting for tests to be done and i've been here for hours... I hear someone screaming in another room.

I have been feeling like that everyday for about a month now but just keep reminding myself that they will check basic things, want to give me a benzo and then I will be back at home feeling even more traumatised than before.

I had to call an ambulance twice last August at the insistence of my GP when I called them. I still feel traumatised from that.

Last night I had horrendous chest pain and wondered if I should go to hospital but even then couldn't bear the thought of it.

[62...]
I didn't even follow my own advice and ended up in the ER. I'm there now. I managed to take an Uber and avoid an ambulance at least but there's always so many people in this waiting room I'm freaking out bad.

[62...]
I don't know what to do. I keep breaking down in tears sobbing. They will only send me to an inpatient facility if I say that I'm suicidal. Otherwise they can't do anything for me here.

Good luck brother, you might find some consolation that there is someone feeling exactly the way you do right now. It's been an intense day of rolling around on the mattress trying to distract myself. Wish you the best...

[62...]
I'm right there with you, same to you. If it's any consolation to your initial question my experience at the ER was a nightmare. I had to wait THREE HOURS in a crowded waiting room to be seen. I told the doctor it was my reaction to benzodiazepines and they just kept dismissing it and even wrote "anxiety" as my reason for coming on my discharge paperwork. One word. She also could not explain why yet again my urine tested negative for benzos when I take 2.5 mg's of Klonopin a day. Eventually I spoke with a social worker who told me I did not fit the criteria for inpatient and I was on my way home with another pointless trip to the ER under my belt. They really cannot help us but I totally understand the impulse to go as it feels like a crisis and that a higher level of care is necessary.

You’re not alone!  I’ve been pushed to the breaking point many times... I just tell myself that it’s my “monkey brain”!  Hang in there.  If you have family, try to not be alone.  I live by myself, and it feels worse when I am alone.  When I’m with my girlfriend, I tend to relax more, and just being in her company is a healthy distraction.  Try and occupy your mind as much as possible.  This truly helps!  Good luck!

[62...]
I live with my parents and my brother and I don't even feel comfortable around them lately. I did just eat dinner with my dad but being with my mom I usually end up getting in fights with her even though she is just trying to help because the terror and rage are just so bad. Things have just gotten so bad.

I live with my parents and my brother and I don't even feel comfortable around them lately. I did just eat dinner with my dad but being with my mom I usually end up getting in fights with her even though she is just trying to help because the terror and rage are just so bad. Things have just gotten so bad.

Man it feels like family is giving up here. No one knows what to do and it's starting massive tensions of begging for help and somewhat being dismissed. I'm hurting so bad atm, really need some relief, grateful for you people here.

If family falls short.. We won't give up on each other here. Push forward bb's! Damn it's hard...

:thumbsup: So damn scared, just called a friend to tell him I have to quit a job he helped me get. Feel like shit letting others down and dealing with all this shit for far too long.