Feeling very down

[Ja...]

You are not alone James.  There's lots in life to cause stress and depression.  I too have been very depressed lately.  What I've been doing is getting outside for a barefoot walk as much as possible and also thinking of my kids and how I need to be strong for them.  Hopefully you can also find something to district you when these feelings come.

Thank you for your support, everyone. I am just tired all the time, I have aches in my body, not motivated to work (don't really have a boss, I work as a prof). I didn't check myself into hospital, but thought about it (just want to be taken care of – my family live at the other side of the world). I know people have had bad experiences with psychiatry, but, in general, I haven't - I thought a few days of reprieve would be nice.

Thank you for your support, everyone. I am just tired all the time, I have aches in my body, not motivated to work (don't really have a boss, I work as a prof). I didn't check myself into hospital, but thought about it (just want to be taken care of – my family live at the other side of the world). I know people have had bad experiences with psychiatry, but, in general, I haven't - I thought a few days of reprieve would be nice.

I am sorry you are suffering but it takes time to heal and looking to the future when you will be free is a support to your brain. We do not have much reprieve just days of struggle but at the end of it all you are stronger.

The aches and the pains, the tiredness, the lack of motivation all seem pretty much par for the course James.  It's awful I know, and am feeling it now.

I so understand the need for respite, it can be so debilitating.  But if I'm to believe the good people here we will get better.

Take care.

Dee