Does things like alchohol, bad nutrition, stress etc. lengthen the withdrawal?

[zo...]

I'm so sorry for asking sol many questions on this forum but i need to ask the questions now, and i'm also in a bad way, but if you do better nutrition does it speed up recovery and shorten the withdrawal process and heal us, and if you do things like drink alchohol,  not eat right, exercise to much, or have stress, does that slow down the healing process and also worsen and intensify the withdrawal, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys, this website is helping me endure  this hell and going on

Oh Zoloft I'm so sorry you're feeling bad, it's awful I know.  But we'll get there, just you wait and see.

A healthy diet can only do you good Zolof as will exercise as in trying to get outside into the fresh air and sunshine.  Alcohol will screw it up, so I'd try to avoid for the time being.  I've heard many people talk about alcohol making things worse.  Alcohol works on the same receptors as benzo's, they're a bit like alcohol in a pill. 

I don't know definitively Zoloft, but diet and exercise have been proven, even outside of benzodiazapine or a/d withdrawal, to improve our lives both physically and psychologically and can't see why it wouldn't assist the WD process.  I know that it will, and I'm trying to do same. 

Dee  :smitten:

alcohol absolutely should be avoided during withdrawal - it hits the same receptors and will likely both prolong recovery and possibly make it worse.

diet is key - eating gluten free is a great idea - glutamate levels are already surging so why throw fuel on the fire - its not about being allergic to gluten - i am not allergic but eating it definitely made things worse

look into eating low histamine foods - histamine levels go really high in withdrawal

its almost impossible to avoid stress during withdrawal - its a nightmare- but try to avoid anything additional when possible. 

exercise - this depends - most people say it helps them a ton - unfortunately there is a subset of us where it makes things worse - mainly those will weak adrenals - exercising can cause excess cortisol and adrenaline to be released which is too stimulating for those with weak adrenals.  i couldn't exercise until 6 months into withdrawal and i was a person who worked out 6 days a week before it.

my success story outlines a lot of the things i did to improve / speed up healing

best wishes for a speedy recovery - no matter what - it seems there are some rough weeks / months but you will heal and be so much better off!