Hoping for Final Taper

[Re...]

I’m so glad I found this site.  I’ve been on Klonopin for about 15 years.  My peak dosage was 4 mg. per day (1 mg. x 4) and I’m now down to 1 mg. (.5 x 2).  This taper has been in conjunction with a psychiatrist over about a year.  Recently I moved to another state and am ready to go off Klonopin completely.  I haven’t found a psych doc here yet, so I’m grateful to have this site to gain support and also to help others while I look for a new doc for the final taper.  I hope. Would love to experience life again without benzos. 

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Recliner49!

We are very glad that you found us! Sounds like you have a great start with your taper! Good job! I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards & become well informed. By doing this it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a  successful taper &  recovery.

There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a smooth, successful taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

Klonopin Club    Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days