Tapering multiple meds at once

[Ch...]

I would be interested in others' experiences of tapering off another psych drug while tapering benzos.

Especially if that other drug was an antidepressant.

The a-ds forum recommends stopping benzo w/d while quitting a-ds, but at the rate they suggest that would be an entire year's hold.

I am going to trust my gut and come off Citalopram at the rate I have done SSRIs several times before, without undue s/x. I may pause my benzo taper while doing so or carry on going very slowly.

I would be interested in others' experiences of tapering off another psych drug while tapering benzos.

Especially if that other drug was an antidepressant.

The a-ds forum recommends stopping benzo w/d while quitting a-ds, but at the rate they suggest that would be an entire year's hold.

I am going to trust my gut and come off Citalopram at the rate I have done SSRIs several times before, without undue s/x. I may pause my benzo taper while doing so or carry on going very slowly.

Yes WAY back in the day they had me on lexipro.  It was HORRIBLE.  did NOT even take it for a month *(benzo was there for YEARS however...)............

I got OFF the Lexipro because it was 'shocking' me when i was ON it.. My GAWD the nightmares sweats etc coming OFF .. yeah it was bad.  I thank the dear Lord that SOMETHING INSIDE me told me to NOT stay on it! SSRI's are the DEVIL.. and in my humble opinion as bad if not worse than benzos.. At least for me.  It SERIOUSLY was!

I have been attempting so far unsuccessfully to taper off amitriptyline at the same time. I don't know if I tried to go too fast or what but I'm not on a high dose of it so didn't think it should be too long. The hard part was telling what symptom was from taping which medication. It also doesn't help that most of what I believe are my withdrawal symptoms are possible side effects of the meds. So it has been a struggle. I am undecided on whether I will continue my attempt to get off the amitriptyline and hold on the diazepam or what.