This too shall pass?

[cc...]

[cc...]
Even if the answer is that this is permanent, please lie. I can't take these sxs at this level. Can't move from bed, can't eat, depression beyond anything I've ever felt. Way beyond my "normal" level. I can't take this for much longer. Need a plateau.

It’s gonna pass man! That’s no lie. It’s not permanent..

Do something every day. Even if it’s just walking 20 yards per day.

Don’t invest into all the horror stories and how long people have been on whatever they’ve been on.

I’m going through what you’ve mentioned too. F••k it! You’re gonna make it 👊👊👊

Of course it passes or none of us would be putting ourselves through this.Stay at the dose your at until they settle down which they will do.You will get there.

YOu mentioned that valium made you depressed.  I noticed that when I switched from clonazepam to the equivalent valium for my taper

that I started to "fear" and experience depression.  Prior to that I do not remember feeling much, if any "clinical" depression.  When I

had tapered off last Sept, the depression and fear dissipated.  But when I had to re-instate, the depression and fear came back.  You

also said that you switched to liquid valium.  Did this help with the depression?  Any fear?  Thanks.

[cc...]
Sorry, I guess my signature isn't clear. I switched from Ativan in pill form to valium pills and then to liquid Ativan and got off the valium entirely. I have always had depression, for 25 years now. However the wd, when it gets acute, makes what I would call "superdepression." Valium also caused this. It is too sedating for me. The longer half-life is good, but I can't take the way it makes me feel. The fear and depression are a natural part of coming off any benzo, but it sounds like yours is aggravated by valium. But I don't want to give you any advice if the valium taper is tolerable.

Thanks for your answer.  I was also wondering if anybody knows how one can tell if they are experiencing a "toxic" reaction to diazepam [valium] as they

taper down.  Can't tell if I'm reacting to the diazepam or just experiencing this horror due to my withdrawal only.  Is there a blood test  or anything I can do?

I am getting frantic because I can hardly function and the psych's want to re-instate me to a higher dose insisting that I was never at a higher "therapeutic"

dose.  Am hardly able to function and afraid I will lose my mind.  I am so fearful of everything and doing anything and now my own mom.  She is getting

very needy in her old age and I cannot even care for myself let alone help her.  I hate this!  I always wanted to care for my mom and now I feel like a vegetable.

[cc...]
Maybe someone else can chime in here, I'm too early in recovery here to answer intelligently, but my guess is that is just wd sxs, possibly due to the dose you are taking in valium not being equivalent to the clonazepam or even if it is, sometimes people take a while to get used to the switchover. I definitely took some time to get used to the liquid ativan. And valium makes almost anyone depressed anyway. Doubt it is toxic. But I am not an MD.