I want to save my sister from benzos.

[so...]

I am here at benzobuddies to find a way of help my sister, I've trying alone but  I don't know what to do. Her dependency is causing so much pain for all my family and specially for her.

She takes midazolam, clonazepam. I don't how much of them she takes, but it's a lot. Sometimes, when out of control she takes a super dosage.

I am ver afraid because she wants to stop cold turkey, but it never works. Now one more time she decide to stop.

Sorry about my English, I am Brazilian and don't speak English fluently.

Hello sobral,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and thank you for being here on behalf of your sister.  I'm glad your sister wishes to stop taking midazolam and clonazepam but care must be taken to do this correctly.  Cold turkey is not the way to stop taking this class of medications.  In some cases, especially with large doses like your sister takes, seizures can happen.  Additionally, a lot of other severe symptoms are possible.

Your sister is in a difficult place right now.  She is going to need help from you and your family. Can you find out what dose of midazolam and clonazepam your sister generally takes?  It is important to be on a stable dose of the drug before starting a sensible, slow taper.  I wonder if a family member can take charge of the medication so your sister is unable to self dose.  Of course, she would need to agree to this. If she is taking both drugs, tapering just one at a time is necessary.

A slow taper is the recommended method for withdrawing from benzos.  Generally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I would suggest that you and your sister read the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field. I'll give you a link to the manual written in English as well as a link to the manual written in other languages.  I think it's important to understand the withdrawal process and garner as much information as possible so your sister is successful tapering of the drugs.

Once you give us some additional information, we can give you more concrete advice on how to help your sister. I'm glad you've joined, we'll be happy to help you and your sister through this process. Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans 

The Ashton Manual

https://www.benzo.org.uk/ashlangs.htm

pianogirl  :)

Thank you for you reply.

I ask her how many pills she takes per day, she told me that usually is 3 or 4 pills midazolam. She tried to take only one but didn't work.

Tommorow I am going to see a doctor with her, so he can prescribe the right dose that she needs.

Hi, I just wanted to put in a supportive word for you and your sister.  I understand how hard it must be for you both, very painful, but it's good that you're here, where you can find help and support.  Look through the resources that pianogirl linked to if you haven't already, and come here with questions and concerns.  I hope the doctor visit goes well, and that he can help with getting your sister off the drugs.  Hang in there.  -- delta1