Living life

[Iw...]

Just curious

Anyone out there just continue on with life, jobs, etc as they’re going through all the hell-ish symptoms (and I mean the debilitating ones) as they’re WDing? If so, what’s the secret/tricks/tools to keep from being bedridden and doing tasks?

Thanks in advance...

I had to quit work it was too much. As far as other things I do continue those. I have a kid so I have no choice lol. I cook I clean go shopping run errands. But that being said I'm nowhere near as functional as I used to be. I do the the things I have to do not the things I want. I spend lots of time in the bed.

Thanks for the response

Unfortunately, I can’t afford to lose my job though.

I’m on medical leave until at least June of this year over this benzo incident...

Thanks for your response

I understand what you’re saying, but I need to be out in the world.... no matter how mentally and physically painful it is.

I have continued working through this hell. But it was hell before I ever started to taper. Now it’s just a different hell. Oddly the agoraphobia has improved, at this point my mind seems to just self-numb to almost everything. I am going through the motions doing my job, running errands etc but not really “there”.

A real test is coming up for me, I am flying alone - severe fear of flying. 12 days till the flight, I am continuing with my tiny cuts even with this major fear looming over me.  Going to visit a very sick family member, another one of my “fears” hospitals - illness - anything emotional.

I am not that strong though - the last three days I have turned to overeating again to calm myself.

How do I keep going, one second at a time.  Some seconds may be spent hiding in the bathroom just focusing on breathing but I always come out.  I have no choice but to keep going.

I have hope of being capable of feeling again but right now, it’s numbness.

Just curious

Anyone out there just continue on with life, jobs, etc as they’re going through all the hell-ish symptoms (and I mean the debilitating ones) as they’re WDing? If so, what’s the secret/tricks/tools to keep from being bedridden and doing tasks?

Thanks in advance...

Yes unfortunately I fit into this category especially after a cold turkey with no taper I can tell you it's been a living hell the only reason that I'm doing it is because I have no choice the alternative would be homelessness or worse!! My family is finally starting to support me a little bit and of course this comes right after I've gone through the worst of it for me I'm on day 21 as of tomorrow since I've been keeping track the first week was a living hell the second week was probably worse than the first but only in terms of the mental anxiety the last week was a combination of all the above minus the auditory and visual hallucinations that resemble something like an acid trip gone wrong! The only thing that's gotten me through it is talking about it on this particular forum and watching a lot of YouTube videos of people going through similar situations just to remind me that I'm not completely losing my f**(bleep!)**** mind and yes I self- censored only because of the rules on the board if I could spell it out sometimes profanity is necessary to tell you exactly how intense it has been and yes it has been that intense with a capital f!! Feeling like I have acid in my blood and I'm not talking about LSD I'm talking about reptilian acid the head jolts the confusion of not even knowing what I just said and not knowing what I'm about to say so yes it's been a living you know what but in a strange way I think staying focused on things that I actually need to do has been extremely helpful in other words if I could have had the luxury to sit in a room and mope and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that for the people that have the luxury I probably would have done it myself but had I done it I'm almost positive at least in my own had regarding my own physiology that this whole experience probably would have been a lot longer and no I am not fully cured not in any way shape or form but I'm certainly not hallucinating like I was on week one!! I hope this helps and I can make a promise here and now as long as I have the internet I will make it my personal mission to log in at least once a month even if I am totally symptom-free because no one should have to go through this alone and I will stand by that to the day I die!!! I hope at least some of this helped :-) I know it's hard when people tell you to just hang in there but that's what people told me and believe it or not it does get better and measurably so at least for me your healing might be different because we are all individuals but I took the advice of a lot of people on this forum and did not so much focus on and end date rather getting through it one day at a time one hour at a time and for me sometimes it's literally been one minute at a time!!! The five things I would recommend not as a health professional but just as a friend from a distance and I did not come up with this list I found it on YouTube but if it suits your journey stay away from any type of sugar if you can help it stay away from any type of food coloring stay away from any type of MSG stay away from fruits which is rough sugar and try your best to load up on carbohydrates and for me salty food even though it tastes nasty as long as it's real food and not artificial for me and I emphasize for me it seemed to work! The only other advice I can really give is distract yourself as much as you can and when you feel that the walls are closing in try a breathing exercise this one I also read here take three deep breaths in slowly and breed them out slowly in through the nose out through the mouth and while you are doing that count back from 100 I know it sounds ridiculous but it really really really really really worked for me and I apologize in advance for any spelling errors I will try to check it but I'm literally talking into a phone trying to give you a cogent reply.  :)

I have continued working through this hell. But it was hell before I ever started to taper. Now it’s just a different hell. Oddly the agoraphobia has improved, at this point my mind seems to just self-numb to almost everything. I am going through the motions doing my job, running errands etc but not really “there”.

A real test is coming up for me, I am flying alone - severe fear of flying. 12 days till the flight, I am continuing with my tiny cuts even with this major fear looming over me.  Going to visit a very sick family member, another one of my “fears” hospitals - illness - anything emotional.

I am not that strong though - the last three days I have turned to overeating again to calm myself.

How do I keep going, one second at a time.  Some seconds may be spent hiding in the bathroom just focusing on breathing but I always come out.  I have no choice but to keep going.

I have hope of being capable of feeling again but right now, it’s numbness.

thanks for your response

Good luck on your flight

Just curious

Thanks in advance...

Yes unfortunately I fit into this category especially after a cold turkey with no taper I can tell you it's been a living hell the only reason that I'm doing it is because I have no choice the alternative would be homelessness or worse!! My family is finally starting to support me a little bit and of course this comes right after I've gone through the worst of it for me I'm on day 21 as of tomorrow since I've been keeping track the first week was a living hell the second week was probably worse than the first but only in terms of the mental anxiety the last week was a combination of all the above minus the auditory and visual hallucinations that resemble something like an acid trip gone wrong! The only thing that's gotten me through it is talking about it on this particular forum and watching a lot of YouTube videos of people going through similar situations just to remind me that I'm not completely losing my f**(bleep!)**** mind and yes I self- censored only because of the rules on the board if I could spell it out sometimes profanity is necessary to tell you exactly how intense it has been and yes it has been that intense with a capital f!! Feeling like I have acid in my blood and I'm not talking about LSD I'm talking about reptilian acid the head jolts the confusion of not even knowing what I just said and not knowing what I'm about to say so yes it's been a living you know what but in a strange way I think staying focused on things that I actually need to do has been extremely helpful in other words if I could have had the luxury to sit in a room and mope and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that for the people that have the luxury I probably would have done it myself but had I done it I'm almost positive at least in my own had regarding my own physiology that this whole experience probably would have been a lot longer and no I am not fully cured not in any way shape or form but I'm certainly not hallucinating like I was on week one!! I hope this helps and I can make a promise here and now as long as I have the internet I will make it my personal mission to log in at least once a month even if I am totally symptom-free because no one should have to go through this alone and I will stand by that to the day I die!!! I hope at least some of this helped :-) I know it's hard when people tell you to just hang in there but that's what people told me and believe it or not it does get better and measurably so at least for me your healing might be different because we are all individuals but I took the advice of a lot of people on this forum and did not so much focus on and end date rather getting through it one day at a time one hour at a time and for me sometimes it's literally been one minute at a time!!! The five things I would recommend not as a health professional but just as a friend from a distance and I did not come up with this list I found it on YouTube but if it suits your journey stay away from any type of sugar if you can help it stay away from any type of food coloring stay away from any type of MSG stay away from fruits which is rough sugar and try your best to load up on carbohydrates and for me salty food even though it tastes nasty as long as it's real food and not artificial for me and I emphasize for me it seemed to work! The only other advice I can really give is distract yourself as much as you can and when you feel that the walls are closing in try a breathing exercise this one I also read here take three deep breaths in slowly and breed them out slowly in through the nose out through the mouth and while you are doing that count back from 100 I know it sounds ridiculous but it really really really really really worked for me and I apologize in advance for any spelling errors I will try to check it but I'm literally talking into a phone trying to give you a cogent reply.  :)

Thanks for your response

Unfortunately, I know that “Acid Trip” feeling.

Well aware of certain foods to avoid. MSG is the hardest to avoid. It’s basicll in everything and comes in different names...