Cant transition from couch to bed

[wh...]

Last three weeks were good. I was able to get some sleep on my couch in the living room .May be I felt protected on the couch or whatever that is the only spot where I get few hours of sleep .

I have spent so many sleepless nights in my bedroom that the thought of lying on the bed there gives me PTSD .I have made few attempts to sleep on the bed but within an hour I became very anxious and had to move back to the couch

I cannot sleep forever on the couch. I need to move to my bed someday

Any idea how I can over come this fear ? Did anybody else too went through this kind of weird phobia ?

I am the same as you. In the past three months, I have slept in the bedroom once and that (a re-attempt to get back in bedroom) was a sleepless night. I too have associated it with sleeplessness and anxiety. For me, the answer seems obvious, as long as it's not causing any real issues then remain wherever is giving you the most sleep. Remain there until you've put enough space between you and benzos. Everyone's anxiety is heightened in withdrawal and it's not necessarily 'you', it's the withdrawals.

For me a sleepless night really makes the next day a struggle and can even set me back, so I am sticking with what works. It depresses the hell out of me but it's only temporary, even if that is months.

One thing I noticed is some things were just not right in the bedroom for me, smaller, less air, claustrophobic feeling and I would find myself worrying about my GF snoring or knocking me as I was about to fall asleep. It takes me well over an hour to fall asleep in the front room but I do not panic, if that happens in the bedroom my anxiety rises as time goes on.

I did, especially until I found out my heart pounding was a withdrawal symptom, and before that, I couldn't lay on the couch.  All I could do was prop myself up in the recliner.  I agree with JohnnyBoi.

Sleep where u feel safest and most comfortable.  It will all pass, prob slowly, but it will pass.  It took me awhile.  WD's suck :( but soon u will be back in the bed.  Good luck.

Yes, I noticed I could sleep in couch but not in the bed. In case I could not sleep I watched dull TV programs in couch in the middle of night and it worked so quite quickly I was able to fall in sleep. I think it was much better than taking any kind of sleeping pills. 😊

Thanks to all of you for responding .You guys are right. As long as I get sleep I should not get worked up .Few hours of sleep on couch is 100 times better than tossing the whole night sleepless on the bed .This my fourth month post benzo .

There was a time I was almost going to a psychiatrist for my hypnic jerks. Thanks to advice of BBs I changed my mind .And they were right .Ever since I have started getting some sleep (thanks to my couch ) the jerks have subsided .Even if they come they are milder .

Same here. The bed makes my heart race. I also haven't been able to spend any time in my office studio because of all the memories. I currently sleep where I fall. Sorry everyone, it sucks.

I have been through 4 differentt withdrawals with 4 different types of meds (I have some wierd GABA sensitivity). Anyway I find this to be such a strange phenomena. I to sleep on a couch or in a recliner chair. I can't even say that the bed scares me because as soon as I start the withdrawal process I start sleeping other places. Right now my favorite place to sleep is at my mom's house in a recliner chair. My husband although a very great guy gets tired of waking up at night with me so he's glad that I go to my mom sometimes I just feel more comfortable sitting up in a chair or lying on the couch.