You may need to pay attention to the "brand"

[ra...]

Hello Buddies,

I have not been to this section in years.  As you will see from my signature, I tapered, stayed off for 3 1/2 years, went insane, and went back on. Do not let that scare you.  Most of you will get better in a year or so, so hang in there.

The point of this post is to tell you something I discovered.  As many of you have no doubt noticed, you are very fragile right now, and small changes make a big difference.  On January 1, my insurance company changed its preferred pharmacy, and I received different brands of the 2 meds I take, diazepam and mirtazapine.  It made me have an extra crappy January and early February until I figured it out.

These medications have been around for a long time, and so there are many "generic" manufacturers available.  Your pharmacy is not obligated to provide you the same manufacturer, and neither they nor your doctors will admit it, but I promise you there are differences among the manufacturers.  I am not "endorsing" one brand of anything over another.  I am simply pointing out that you might need to pay attention.  Consistency is probably more important than whether you use brand "X" or  "Y." 

The pharmacy will tell you what brand they are providing if you ask, and if you find you do better on one than another, you can ask a pharmacy what brand they will provide before you fill your scrips.

Hope that helped someone.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1