Xanax brain

[Mi...]

I sparingly spot-dosed with Xanax for six months. I experienced inter-dose withdrawal symptoms every single day. My first cold turkey lasted 35 days. I went psychotic and reinstated which resulted in the paradoxical affect. I am 60 days into my second cold turkey. This time I take a low dose of Mirtazapine to ease the horrific withdrawal symptoms which include insomnia, intrusive thoughts and crippling depression.

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello MikeL!

We are very glad that you found us!

Cold turkey can be brutal. We do not recommend this. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards & become well informed. By doing this it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a successful recovery.

There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

Support Groups  Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal    Depression  Insomnia  What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days