Please help

[Ma...]

Hello I've been doing a taper from Klonopin for the last 7 months I was doing okay until I hit .25 mg. Now everything went downhill I can't function I can't get out of bed I need to work and I'm so stuck did I go too fast?  I really need some help and advice cuz I don't have anyone to talk to I'm at my wit's end I've been trying to do this for 2 years I think I've just lost my mind completely. I have 3 wonderful kids in a great husband but he just seems not to understand and he thinks I just need to get off of it. I'm so stuck do I go up again and stabilize and start the taper again or since I made it to .25 do I just suffer through and keep cutting. please if somebody can answer and help I would really really appreciate it. Thank u

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Marmer!

We are very glad that you found us! I am sorry you are struggling with these symptoms. Sounds like you may have tapered to fast. How many mg were you on to begin with? Please tell us more of your history so we can better advise you. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards & become well informed. By doing this it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a  successful taper &  recovery.

There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a smooth, successful taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

General Taper Plans  Klonopin Club    Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days

Hello I've been doing a taper from Klonopin for the last 7 months I was doing okay until I hit .25 mg. Now everything went downhill I can't function I can't get out of bed I need to work and I'm so stuck did I go too fast?  I really need some help and advice cuz I don't have anyone to talk to I'm at my wit's end I've been trying to do this for 2 years I think I've just lost my mind completely. I have 3 wonderful kids in a great husband but he just seems not to understand and he thinks I just need to get off of it. I'm so stuck do I go up again and stabilize and start the taper again or since I made it to .25 do I just suffer through and keep cutting. please if somebody can answer and help I would really really appreciate it. Thank u

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you've gotten stuck in this journey. I can assure you that you will be whole again despite what must seem like an eternity of tapering especially since your latest slide.

I don't know where you started at or how fast you tapered, but in my experience, I found that when I tapered faster than my body and brains ability to catch up to the taper, I was always hit with really bad symptoms. It's a real balancing act to try and taper as fast as possible, yet not so fast as to outpace your brains ability to normalize or heal. I have found that when I am hit with symptoms, then I need to stop my taper and hold for awhile, usually just a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you are at a crossroads, updose and hope you stabilize or hold where you are at for awhile. It is hard to know what to do at times. I understand where you are at. One thing I would say is do not jump off at .25 mg. And don't keep,cutting if you are in really bad shape. It may be tempting and I know you are feeling pressure from your husband and probably yourself to just get this over with, but I've never seen anyone essentially cold turkey when they are in your condition and be happy they did. You will get better, be assured of that. Time is what heals you. It just takes what seems like an impossibly long time sometimes.

My advice would be to try and wait a couple of weeks and see if you improve any while holding where you are at. But I don't know your complete situation so you can take it for what you may think it is worth. Hopefully you will get some more advice from others so you can get other perspectives and make the best decision you can.

I hope you can get stable again soon so you can continue your taper. It sounds like you have been going about it the right way. Don't be too hard on your husband, unless one has gone through this, it is impossible for them to imagine the mental and physical agony of this taper process.

Start asking questions in various parts of this forum. You will find much support from everyone here. I have found this forum invaluable during my taper. I needed encouragement, I needed to hear from other people that what I was feeling, while painful and at times excruciating, was a normal part of the tapering process and that if I went slow enough, I had some control over how difficult it was going to be.

Best .Wishes on your taper. Someday soon this will all be over and you will be back to normal. I promise.  Hang in there.  :)