Looking for advice on recurring withdrawal symptoms

[Ja...]

Hi guys.

Found this forum while browsing looking for informatiom on recurring withdrawal symptoms 2 years after the original withdrawal.

Was never prescribed diazapam and didnt need it but took them for sleeping and obviously end up taking too many. Didnt know anything about benzo withdrawal so it came as a shock.

About 2 weeks after taking my last diazapam i suffered some severe withdrawals, lasted around 3 weeks, after the 3 weeks the symptoms totally disapeared and i went back to how i was before ever touching benzos and havent touched another since.

Its been around 2 years since my ordeal with the withdrawal. As of around 5 days ago i seem to be suffereing a lot of the same symptoms i did back then, not as intense but still enough to be negatively effecting my life.

Basically just looking for some advice on what to expect in terms of timescales etc.

Ive read a lot about protracted witdrawals but they seem to differ to my situation because mine completely went away for 2 year and have just out of the blue came back, i dont quite understand what is happening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Jason.

[92...]

Hello, Jason12345 :) - welcome to BenzoBuddies, and congratulations on being benzo-free!

Sorry your symptoms returned, but I’m glad that you decided to join the forum. You'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through.

The following board may be a good place to begin posting your questions:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Here's how to join the Protracted Board, which can now be accessed only by subscription:

Go to your Profile

Choose Modify Profile >> Group Membership

[Access] Protracted Withdrawal Support Area >> Join Group

Please take a moment to Create a Signature. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative resource on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery. It provides information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.