New Taper Plan

[po...]

Hello,

I went to a very very intelligent psychiatrist today who has a great reputation. I tapered down from 10 to 7.5 mg of Librium on January 11th. A week ago Sunday I experienced deliberating anxiety/panic/depersonlization and have felt horrible this past whole week. I missed two days of work. The psychiatrist thinks I went to fast for myself and I should go back up to the 10mg, stabilize, and then we start tapering by 10% while using a compounding pharmacy. Before seeing this psychiatrist I was having phone appointments with the psychiatrist who lived in my hometown. I moved across the country in April of 2016. When I started having problems this last week  she recommended I find someone out here to see. She recommended to finish up my taper 10mg, to 7.5mg, to 5mg, to 2.5 mg, 2.5 mg every other day than off. It sounds like my new psychiatrist thinks we should go slower and wants to work with the compounding pharmacy so I can get the low dosages. Thoughts on going back up?  I feel like a failure!

Thanks!

Your new Dr is a blessing.  You would have been very sick following the other dr's plan.  That was way too fast to taper.  The slower the better to keep your withdrawals under control.  Good luck and know bb community is here to support you.  :)

Hello,

I went to a very very intelligent psychiatrist today who has a great reputation. I tapered down from 10 to 7.5 mg of Librium on January 11th. A week ago Sunday I experienced deliberating anxiety/panic/depersonlization and have felt horrible this past whole week. I missed two days of work. The psychiatrist thinks I went to fast for myself and I should go back up to the 10mg, stabilize, and then we start tapering by 10% while using a compounding pharmacy. Before seeing this psychiatrist I was having phone appointments with the psychiatrist who lived in my hometown. I moved across the country in April of 2016. When I had problems she recommended I find someone out here to see. She recommended to finish up my taper 10mg, to 7.5mg, to 5mg, to 2.5 mg, 2.5 mg every other day than off. It sounds like my new psychiatrist thinks we should go slower and wants to work with the compounding pharmacy so I can get the low dosages. Thoughts?

Thanks!

This is the way I would choose  :thumbsup: