Good explanation for why we feel worse earlier in the day...

[Ho...]

Taken from clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson's book...

"I counsel my clients to eat a fat and protein heavy breakfast as soon as possible after they awaken (no simple carbohydrates, no sugars, they are digested too rapidly, and produce a blood sugar spike and rapid dip). This is because anxious and depressed people are already stressed, particularly if their lives have not been under control for a good while. Their bodies are therefore primed to hypersecrete insulin, if they engage in any demanding or complex activity. If they do so after fasting all night and before eating, the excess insulin in their bloodstream will mop up all their blood sugar. Then they become hypoglycemic and psycho-physiologically unstable. All day. Their systems cannot be reset until after more sleep."

Yes, this morning. I know cocoa has some caffeine in it but I had a couple of squares of 90% dark chocolate and handful of almonds within 5 minutes of waking up.

Now, this may be coincidence but today so far I'm feeling about 90% in a window for the first time since December. No dizziness, blurred vision or extreme anxiety yet.  I think it will take a few more days to see if this can be confirmed or not.

Interesting. If I have even the slightest amount of caffeine, my anxiety goes through the roof. Sugar is a culprit for triggering it as well but to a lesser degree. The good news is that I'm having a better day today as well......not great, but better. Yesterday was a friggin' nightmare.

90% doesn't have much sugar at all, it does have some caffeine but small amounts. Of course it can be something else but that was just convenient for me. Have a handful of nuts and some hardboiled eggs right when you wake up. The test is for it to be first thing in the morning and avoid carbs for a few hours after waking. 

Funny, but I had my usual bowl of cereal along with two hard-boiled eggs and a handful of nuts myself.......LOL. Other than feeling like a walking cloud, I am feeling considerably better today.......no heart palps yet today at all. They were running rampantly yesterday.

So I had a bagel this afternoon and went back into my wave shortly after. I guess i tried my luck and lost. I guess i can't say 100% it was the bagel.

This morning for about 4 hours though I had that incredible window which gave me some hope. Hopefully I wake up feeling ok in the morning again and I'll be careful with my lunch to see if it extends my window. Will update.

Ok so my findings from today.

I stayed away from carbs like the plague today and feel quite better. Not as dizzy and manic, no headache today which is the first in a while. I still have anxiety but less. The only thing that didn't change was my blurred vision and sensitivity to light which is quite a disturbing symptom.

For breakfast I had a bit of 90% dark chocolate and almonds again. This afternoon I ate organic peanut butter straight from the jar and half an avocado. In late afternoon I had vegetable juice and salad and soup for dinner.

Hope this trend continues and maybe I'll feel better a little more over time instead of sideways or backwards as usual.

Someone needs to explain to me why I wake up actually feeling better in the morning, only for everything to get so much worse as evening approaches. By the time I'm ready for sleep, I'm stuck in an acid trip DP/DR nightmare with extreme fear/terror for no reason at all. Feels very chemical. All of mine gets way, way worse at night and I have no idea why, regardless of food or chemical intake.

That's quite an easy explanation although I can't say 100%. Perhaps you're eating more carbs as the day progresses. Eat something fatty with very few carbs right when you wake up. Then slowly add some carbs in the day but keep it to a minimum. I always felt good in the morning as well until I ate something.

BTW I'm in the same pattern as you now the last couple of weeks. It gets worse as the day goes on. It's like every bite of food I take sends me deeper into a wave as the day goes on.

I'm wondering how much all of this could have to do with sinuses. I get sinus pain and pressure sometimes but I know that dizziness and blurred vision go along with sinus problems as well. I just feel overall sick. It's getting worse as time goes on.