Liquid Titration of Pristiq?

[Na...]

Does anyone know if you can dissolve Pristiq in alcohol in the same fashion as Valium. I'm beginning to focus on a strategy to help taper the wife from this AD and the DLMT has worked wonderfully for her in reducing/tapering off Valium.

I sort of have my doubts due to the fact it's not recommended to break or cut the pills.

Hello Navita65-

Not sure about the alcohol. It is time released so not sure how to taper this one.

Desvenlafaxine succinate is a white to off-white powder that is soluble in water. The solubility of desvenlafaxine succinate is pH dependent. Its octanol:aqueous system (at pH 7.0) partition coefficient is 0.21.

Pristiq Solubility

Here's what I know about Pristiq- it is time released so when you cut the pill, you potentially get rid of the time released aspect.  I tapered Pristiq by cutting my one pill up into four pieces, and then I spread the pieces out throughout the day.  I went down to three, two, one and zero pieces a day and I took a month to cut each fourth.  I was only on Pristiq for about 6-7 months and I felt pretty bad while going down on it. 

If you can liquid titrate it, that would probably be the best thing, but I don't know about that.

I am tapering off of prisiq currently. I have gone to a compounding company to have it compounded into smaller amounts since it cannot be crushed or cut. If my system was not so sensitive from my benzo withdrawal I would probably try cutting it up but it would need to be taken a few times a day as the time release is destroyed when you cut it. You do not want to play ping pong with your brain....

Some doctors will do a gradual substitution taper from a short-acting AD to a long one. It's complicated, but it can be done. My mother had a doctor who got her off of Paxil successfully via Prozac as a bridge, and then off Prozac. It went fairly well, but it was a long time ago, and I don't exactly remember how the steps went.

Thanks to all.

Yes this looks to be a beaut to taper 😡

She was on Prozac for yrs. Wish he had of just kept her on that in hindsight.

I’m not impressed with this Pristiq from an outsiders standpoint.

He put put her on this to help with her anxiety. If anything, I think it’s made it worse.

Of course impossible to tell while tapering a Benzo.

Anyway we’ll get off this too somehow.

Sure has been a long haul for her........she's an amazing woman.

So true. I wish I'd just stayed on Prozac only, as it was the least detrimental thing for me to take. There were issues with it, but it wasn't a life destroyer like Ativan was. Oh, well....  :-\