I was healed for very long time and cipro made my life in hell again!

[Ma...]

I started to exiperience symptoms of WD again around Christmas.I did not wanted to believe it is Wd because I was without symptoms for 7 months.

I believed it is neck pain that makes me feel derealisated,dizzy,confused,in constant terror...I had too a middle ear infection and what i did not know i got cipro antibiotics ear drops.I thought they are just normal drops!When i stop taking them i came even in bigger agony.My symptoms was 2 time worst then in normal WD!I cannot describe what am i going through!I just got before 5 days I was using Cipro.Now i know what is wrong.I am in agony again.I cannot believe this.I hardly survive this first time.How should i do that again?

Hi Masha1978-

That Cipro is some nasty stuff. The same thing happened to me 11 years ago. I still have neurological issues just not 100% sure if my issues are from Cipro or benzo poison  :tickedoff:

Hopefully your symptoms easr up & go away quickly. Let us know....

Hi Masha1978-

That Cipro is some nasty stuff. The same thing happened to me 11 years ago. I still have neurological issues just not 100% sure if my issues are from Cipro or benzo poison  :tickedoff:

Thank you.That I knew that cipro is in this drops I would never take them.I know how horrible they are and it was just 1 mg in drops.How this could do such a damage? :'(

I’m so sorry that you are suffering such a setback due to Cipro, Masha1978. I too was a victim of that awful drug, it’s what got me on benzos and into this awful nightmare in the first place. I hope you get relief very soon, and there’s a really good chance of it considering it was such a small amount. (I was prescribed 1000 mg/day). You made it through the first time, I admire you, you are obviously very strong. It’s horribly unfair to get hurt again by medicine, but you have it in you to wait there effects out. I know they will subside! -F2B

sorry to hear that you are not doing so well at the moment Masha. But it sounds like you're in setback and setbacks (caused by whatever reason) are very common. I wrote my recovery story mid last year and since then have had some setbacks. I am mostly doing OK but some of the setbacks were difficult to deal with especially as I was doing so well. But how we respond to setbacks is really crucial in determining how long they last. If we consider them to be a catastrophe and obsess about them then our anxiety tends to really ramp and hence other nasty symptoms can set in.. on the other hand if we have a more accepting attitude e.g. "ok this is a setback and it's unpleasant but it will pass with time, I can still get on with what I need or want to do" then indeed it does tend to pass more quickly. Ashton has said that not all symptoms are withdrawal, some are pure anxiety, i.e. our reaction to our withdrawal.. acceptance and patience is the way to go.. you will get through this setback, and my guess is that the effects of cipro will reduce over time.. it might take longer than you prefer but it will happen so hang in there! :)

Take care XOOX :smitten::thumbsup:

Hi Masha1978-

Thank you.That I knew that cipro is in this drops I would never take them.I know how horrible they are and it was just 1 mg in drops.How this could do such a damage? :'(

The same thing happened to me around Christmas. I took only 1 pill (0.5 g) of paracetamol because of flu and I was back in acute hell.

It is setback, but it will get better. Don't lose hope. Benzos are very dangerous, but our brains will heal. I will not take any pharmaceutical stuff anymore even if my life will depend on it. After I will feel great I will wait for at least a year or 2 before I will take anything, including alcohol etc.

The same thing happened to me around Christmas. I took only 1 pill (0.5 g) of paracetamol because of flu and I was back in acute hell.

How do you know it was the paracetamol and not just the flu wrecking havoc?

I can't believe how many people have had set backs from certain antibiotics! It makes me afraid of getting infections.

How do you know it was the paracetamol and not just the flu wrecking havoc?

I can't believe how many people have had set backs from certain antibiotics! It makes me afraid of getting infections.

I was already explaining that many times here. It seems people can't believe that paracetamol can do that. It wasn't flu because I had flu for a week or more before I took paracetamol and I didn't have any of those terrible benzo symptoms. It all started half hour to hour after I took paracetamol.

Paracetamol actually works pretty much similar to benzo because it works through central nervous system. Same would happen if I drank alcohol.

I was already explaining that many times here. It seems people can't believe that paracetamol can do that. It wasn't flu because I had flu for a week or more before I took paracetamol and I didn't have any of those terrible benzo symptoms. It all started half hour to hour after I took paracetamol.

Paracetamol actually works pretty much similar to benzo because it works through central nervous system. Same would happen if I drank alcohol.

That's crazy, all because of benzos you can't even take a paracetamol. No wonder most people have a hard time believing what we go through. I've long got used to refusing caffeine in drinks offered, and the such, but I think I'd struggle to even explain why I couldn't take a paracetamol. People hand them out like sweets if you have a headache.

That's crazy, all because of benzos you can't even take a paracetamol. No wonder most people have a hard time believing what we go through. I've long got used to refusing caffeine in drinks offered, and the such, but I think I'd struggle to even explain why I couldn't take a paracetamol. People hand them out like sweets if you have a headache.

Everyone is different, so you could have more luck than me. I'm certainly not putting in my mouth, ears, nose, eyes, blood or ass anything pharmaceutical.

Yes, nobody can believe us until they experience the same hell.

• 3 months later...

That's surprising. I suffer from migraines from time to time. When that happens, I take paracetamol. I have taken several pills while on withdrawal, often on a daily basis, both during my long windows and during my awful waves.

Nothing has happened because of paracetamol, so far. That's weird. We are very different.

Masha,

I was symptom-free, or at least I had very mild symptoms, for almost 5 months. Now I am back to withdrawal, for no apparent reason. These things happen. We might not be healed even when we feel completely fine, and there might be still some part of the journey to walk.

But there is no really "setback" in this journey. The months we have gained in this battle are months we cannot lose. Keep going. You have gone through the worst part of it, the first months. So did I. The rest of the journey is not comfortable, but it is at least not as bad as the first months. You will feel completely fine again. :-) I will, too. :-)