Klonopin Withdraw.

[li...]

I have decided to join BenzoBuddies  is because im tired of being on this medication. I currently take klonopin and am trying to taper off this stuff. I was taking a 1 1/2 Milligrams at night. I have been taking this stuff for 7 years consistently. Right now im taking 1 1/4 Milligrams. I had dropped 1/4 milligram every three weeks until i got down to 3/4 of a milligram. The anxiety that i felt along with all the other emotional and physical side effects, were just completely over whelming, so i increase my dose up to 1 1/4 milligrams. I was diagnosed with severe GAD, PTSD, and moderate depression. I know that the quality of life is very important, but if i would have known what this medication does to someone, i dont think i would have ever started taking it. I really need some pointers on the best way to come off of this stuff. 

Hello  linuxhp :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community.  Sorry you’re having a rough time, benzodiazepines need to be tapered slowly.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb, you can go slower, the aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita