Learned too late not to go so fast

[Se...]

I don't know what to do.  Psychiatrist told me to reduce from 25mg diazepam by 5mg weekly but to add Gabapentin

I couldn't tolerate Gabapentin but still cut diazepam by 5mg per week

I now know this was too fast but increasing the dose doesn't help

I can pay a fortune to see psychiatrist again but don't see the point (his clinic prescribes the drugs)

I am sure I now have to stick to my current dose and carry on with these horrendous feelings but I don't think I can

I learned the hard way too. I was trying to drop 1mg of xanax per week and got hit by a withdrawal train. I've tried cold turkey and rapid tapers over and over for months. This drug is just one that you need to take yourself down slowly. Try looking up the ashton manual and taking it to your Dr, and explain to him that you're having a rough time going so fast.

[0f...]

Personally, I hope you post something to his Healthgrades page regarding his poor advice and what it's done to you.  I certainly wouldn't do any more cuts until your body adjusts to this huge reduction (I hope you adjust quickly).  Then I'd seriously consider adhering to a nice, slow taper. 

Just curious - what about the gabapentin didn't you like?  Some people do well with it; some don't.  I'm just trying to learn.