Advice taper moving forward .5mg valium wait and jump advice needed

[po...]

Hi

I will be reducing to .5mg valium this coming Friday

Does any one have any advice. Should I stay on .5 mg for my usual 2 weeks and the jump. And if withdrawal are bad tge reinstate and go down .1mg every 2 weeks

Wanted to know what most have done. The best thing will probably be to listen to my body but thought I might get some opinions to think about

Thanks for any advice or experience one can tell me about

There is no right answer to this. It looks like you have done a careful taper so far. I went lower thinking that it couldnt hurt, whereas jumping too soon could hurt. If you have the tools to do it with the pills you have, you could keep going until the time feels right to you.

:thumbsup:

JKS

Thanks JKS

That's what I was leaning towards

Just tapering.1mg for a few cuts and possibly seeing what a jump might feel like. If wd were too bad I could always reinstate then continue very slowly

I will be starting some classes at 57 this Tuesday so depending on my social anxieties I was thinking it might be better to do slowly just yo make sure it doesn't mess my studies up.

I also was curious to see if any others suggested a junk from .5 mg instead of prolonging

I see you must have doNE it at .25 mg

Did you have any bad wd once you jumped at .25g?

Thanks gor your suggestion

Like you said no wrong or right

Thanks JKS

That's what I was leaning towards

Just tapering.1mg for a few cuts and possibly seeing what a jump might feel like. If wd were too bad I could always reinstate then continue very slowly

I will be starting some classes at 57 this Tuesday so depending on my social anxieties I was thinking it might be better to do slowly just yo make sure it doesn't mess my studies up.

I also was curious to see if any others suggested a junk from .5 mg instead of prolonging

I see you must have doNE it at .25 mg

Did you have any bad wd once you jumped at .25g?

Thanks gor your suggestion

Like you said no wrong or right

Congratulations on your success. You are a bit ahead of me. I am at 0.6533 mg on a daily liquid valium micro-taper cutting a total of 0.1 mg per month. My plan to jump at 0.5 mg but I will see how I feel at the time. My plan is based on Ashton's advise but I think JKS is right; it can't hurt to wait and go lower before jumping. My plan B is, if I am a complete wreck on day 5 after jumping at 0.5 mg, I will reinstate to 0.25 mg, hold for 7-14 days, jump again, and repeat if necessary. JKS, is that a crazy plan B?

My preference for both of you guys is to taper until you are ready to jump and jump knowing you are never going back. I reinstated several times due to bad advice from doctors and each time I tapered it got harder. Also reinstating didn’t “work” at the previousdose and I had to go higher. It was a mess. No one can tell you what will happen after you jump. Try to line up as many non medical support systems as possible depending on what will help you. Definitely choosing a time with fewer commitments if possible would be good. Maybe make and freeze some meals ahead of time. Let some friends know what you might need. Write yourself some letters about how hard you worked to get to this point. Whatever will help you to make this a one way trip.

Good luck!

JKS

I'm in agreement it can't hurt to go lower before jumping

So thats my current plan. As I'm starting something new by taking college classes and will be in a social anxiety situation for me to begin with. I may also hold longer if I feel alot of anxiety in my new endeavor. I'll listen to my body.

Thanks all

Thanks JKS and peter.

Good luck Peter

Hopefully your taper has been smooth going slow

Mine hasn't been tremendousLy bad yet

Each cut I do feel fatigue, dizzy, have sleep issues and little depression. Some of the depression may also be because I lost my job of 23 years and at age 57 I'm trying to start a business and going back to school to learn a new skill to help me get employed. Lots of unknowns. I also had a GI bleed which I'm still trying to recover from. At times I don't know if the fatigue and dissiness is from the cut ir my blood issues. Not a good time to try and taper but at the same time is a good time because I'm not at a stressful job.

My preference for both of you guys is to taper until you are ready to jump and jump knowing you are never going back. I reinstated several times due to bad advice from doctors and each time I tapered it got harder. Also reinstating didn’t “work” at the previousdose and I had to go higher. It was a mess. No one can tell you what will happen after you jump. Try to line up as many non medical support systems as possible depending on what will help you. Definitely choosing a time with fewer commitments if possible would be good. Maybe make and freeze some meals ahead of time. Let some friends know what you might need. Write yourself some letters about how hard you worked to get to this point. Whatever will help you to make this a one way trip.

Good luck!

JKS

Thanks for the input. I am probably spending way too much time thinking about "when I jump". I am going to try to forget about it and go back to getting through one day at a time.

Good luck!

JKS

Thanks for the input. I am probably spending way too much time thinking about "when I jump". I am going to try to forget about it and go back to getting through one day at a time.

Hey Peter...

Looks like you are almost ready to take the leap. When you feel emotionally ready, go for it! The anticipatory anxiety may cause issues in itself, so try not to get to stressed out about jumping...

When I jumped at .5mg I felt absolute no different than the days prior. I was symptomatic my whole taper (this was probably due to the initial CT) I even thought to my self "crap, I probably could have jumped at 1mg".

So if you are feeling fairly stable with minimal symptoms right now, that is a good sign to how you wil feel after jumping. Anyway, do what feels best for yourself...go with you gut feelings  :thumbsup:

Hey Peter...

Looks like you are almost ready to take the leap. When you feel emotionally ready, go for it! The anticipatory anxiety may cause issues in itself, so try not to get to stressed out about jumping...

When I jumped at .5mg I felt absolute no different than the days prior. I was symptomatic my whole taper (this was probably due to the initial CT) I even thought to my self "crap, I probably could have jumped at 1mg".

So if you are feeling fairly stable with minimal symptoms right now, that is a good sign to how you wil feel after jumping. Anyway, do what feels best for yourself...go with you gut feelings  :thumbsup:

Hi Bella,

Yes, I am getting close. I actually feel ready to jump today at about 0.64 mg but I think that emotionally it is better for me to follow my taper plan down to 0.5 mg and leave myself the option to make my final decision at that time.

My psychologist, psychiatrist, and my wife all support my plan to jump at 0.5 mg which I greatly appreciate but reading your actual experience boosts my confidence.

Thanks,

Peter

Good luck Peter i know youll be able to jump and feel ok. Bella thanks for the advice you gave peter it also has given me some valuable insight.

Good luck Peter i know youll be able to jump and feel ok. Bella thanks for the advice you gave peter it also has given me some valuable insight.

Hey Peter...

Hi Bella,

Yes, I am getting close. I actually feel ready to jump today at about 0.64 mg but I think that emotionally it is better for me to follow my taper plan down to 0.5 mg and leave myself the option to make my final decision at that time.

My psychologist, psychiatrist, and my wife all support my plan to jump at 0.5 mg which I greatly appreciate but reading your actual experience boosts my confidence.

Thanks,

Peter

You guys got this...go for it!!!  :yippee:

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ohfuck_skydive.gif

:smitten: