6 days Post jump! Could use a kind word...

[Re...]

I’ve been in this process for of withdrawal since Oct 2016, and final decided to Jim last Sunday. Could not stabilize, no matter how much or how little, and felt like things were worsening the longer I stuck around at 3mg. It keep like it kept getting harder instead of improving, so through multiple counsel I decided to go off from the remaining 3mg the last month. It’s been better and worse since last Sunday. I can feel my fingers and skin again, though I did not know I couldn’t feel them before I jumped. Yet, this also means I am feeling all the symptoms more intensely. I am having the roughest day so far today. Burning feet and legs, feels like I am not able to stand. Horrible cognitive fog, seems like I’ve forgotten what I was saying, feels like I can’t use my hands to grab things at certain points, continual nerve and muscle pain and tightness. Just want to keep going and pushing, yet hitting a difficult wall right now and could use some encouragement. Been extremely difficult for over a year now, and just needing to know better days are ahead. Anyone???

I feel you on the burning.. I’ve had pins and needles all over since my cold turkey 35 days ago. I wake up in the morning with very painful hands and arms. Feels horrible.. my right hand is very weak.. this parasthesia is awful for me.. feels like I’m getting worse not better.. I know you will make it! Hang in there. I started taking gabapentin a week ago and it seems to help but I also think it could be another problem and withdrawal down the road. If you can handle it without any more meds tough it out! You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement. It has been extremely tough 2+ years, not knowing what was happening.  I have come to so many different stages in this journey, experienced every symptom out there to the max at some point it feels like. It just seemed by this time my body would have been somewhere different on the healing path, and it is just not want I desire or thought it would look like. Things are more intense at the moment, just don’t want to give in. Tried multiple meds during the two years to try and help ease some of the symptoms, yet only made them worse, so trying to just push through and holding on to Jesus in a more real way. This has rocked me to the core, yet at the same time I have a new appreciation of life and purpose and intentionality of loving those around me every day, because it has felt like many days were my last. Sending some hope and healing back your way.

Hope you are doing OK Ready.  I know what you mean about no matter how little or how much nothing seems to shift just stay stuck in the mire.

I c/t'd 2mg V about a month ago and can't seem to stabilise even after reinstatement so am making my first cut tomorrow.  I want it done, but know I've got to go slow, and I don't do slow very well at the best of times. 

If a c/t from 2 lousy mgs of V was able to do what it did to me both mentally and physically I know I've gotta go slow. 

I am so scared. 

Dee

Well, for me the hardest part took roughly 3 weeks. I can recognize all the symptoms you described. Then I noticed that he symptoms became less and less. Well, I'm not symptom free almost 5 months off but legs and arms burning is not there anymore, nerve and muscle pain is less, my brain woks better (but not fully yet), my tremor is less. Bottomline is that it has become better but there is still long way to go. Hopefully You feel alreay better Ready!