Interdose withdrawals - fast metabolizer of valium

[So...]

Hey everyone,

I'm at 8mg/day on the Ashton Manual, planning another .5mg cut today. I am having some gnarly interdose withdrawals, taking the valium all at the same time at night.

I appear to be a "fast metabolizer" of valium. I've done two urine tests, one at I think when I was on about 14mg/day and one at 10mg/day - the 14mg one only picked up metabolites of valium 12 hours later, and the 10mg one detected no benzodiazepines at all in my system at 18 hours after my last dose. Now, these were "threshold" tests and not terribly sensitive, but my understanding is that I should have at least registered *something*

At this point I'm not sure what to do. I had decided to just buckle down and keep cutting as regularly as I can (.5mg every 5 days or so), because there isn't much I can do about my metabolism and if it's going to be hell, it's going to be hell, oh well. Might as well just keep tromping through it. I am assuming that this rate of cutting is OK because it's literally in the Manual that you can cut 1mg every 1-2 weeks.

Any suggestions? I've tried spreading out the dose in the past and it didn't seem to help much. I suppose I can try that again and see. I think even if I made a valium smoothie out of my dose and sipped it all day, I'd still be metabolizing it too quickly to ease the withdrawals.

You may have been going too fast

I started tapering on 5mg valium and only cut no more than .2mg every two weeks

If possible maybe it's best to stabile and cut slower

I don't know about the fast metabolism and how the wd symptoms are affected. But if your getting alot of wd symptoms possibly you went too fast

People on the forum will generally taper according to how you feel and everyone is different so listen to your body as you cut slowly

I hope you feel better and can stabilize at some dose before tapering slowly.

I cut .25 mg meant to write

I know the ashton manual says that

But if you read tapering schedules on our forum

The recommend no more than 5 yo 10 percent of your current dosage every 7 to 10 days

You've been cutting g every 5 days

Listen to your body as you taper

I have been getting symptoms around the 5 to 7 day aND it then starts to ease up that's why I chose to wait 14 says fir the most part in between cuts

I have cut more than the 10 percent recommended but now since I am down to a low dose I'm starting to feel more wd symptoms so I am starting to only cut .1mg until I'm read to jump

I hope this helps somewhat

sonar, I agree with positive. You are going too fast.

I had problems similar to those you are describing and had to dose 2 x a day instead of once.

Also, I went to a liquid daily microtaper, which allowed me to cut tiny amounts daily. I was so wrecked by even the 5% dry cut reduction every 2 weeks, I had to do something drastic. I know that seems extreme, but microtapering and dosing 2 x a day was what made a difference in my s/x.

Hope this helps.

Katz

I have not been stable at any dose :(

When I was up in the teens and 20s milligram-wise, I was still getting symptoms no matter how long I held. It seems like maybe the severity of the withdrawals has more to do with my hormonal profile (where I am in my cycle).

I am trying to listen to my body but it just sounds like a lot of different voices arguing right now!

Hey everyone,

I'm at 8mg/day on the Ashton Manual, planning another .5mg cut today. I am having some gnarly interdose withdrawals, taking the valium all at the same time at night.

I appear to be a "fast metabolizer" of valium. I've done two urine tests, one at I think when I was on about 14mg/day and one at 10mg/day - the 14mg one only picked up metabolites of valium 12 hours later, and the 10mg one detected no benzodiazepines at all in my system at 18 hours after my last dose. Now, these were "threshold" tests and not terribly sensitive, but my understanding is that I should have at least registered *something*

At this point I'm not sure what to do. I had decided to just buckle down and keep cutting as regularly as I can (.5mg every 5 days or so), because there isn't much I can do about my metabolism and if it's going to be hell, it's going to be hell, oh well. Might as well just keep tromping through it. I am assuming that this rate of cutting is OK because it's literally in the Manual that you can cut 1mg every 1-2 weeks.

Any suggestions? I've tried spreading out the dose in the past and it didn't seem to help much. I suppose I can try that again and see. I think even if I made a valium smoothie out of my dose and sipped it all day, I'd still be metabolizing it too quickly to ease the withdrawals.

Hi Sonar,

I don't know if I'm a fast metabolizer of Valium or not but I do know that the duration of action of Valium can be between 3-5 hours.  The long half-life is a kind of different animal that will help with the taper I know.

But I tell you this to say that I dose Valium 4X during the day.  (Weirdly the Xanax I take at  10:00 at night holds me for 12 hours)

There are a few of us on the forum who dose Valium more frequently than others.

And the daily micro taper sure helped me!  As did slowing way down from my racetrack start. :idiot:

:thumbsup:

SS

sonar, I agree with positive. You are going too fast.

I had problems similar to those you are describing and had to dose 2 x a day instead of once.

Also, I went to a liquid daily microtaper, which allowed me to cut tiny amounts daily. I was so wrecked by even the 5% dry cut reduction every 2 weeks, I had to do something drastic. I know that seems extreme, but microtapering and dosing 2 x a day was what made a difference in my s/x.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Thanks Katz

I'll play around with it and see if I can get some relief. I haven't really noticed an increase in sx per reduction, as I had sx this bad when I was still taking valium 3x a day in December. I'll try holding here though and see.

Sonar I cant give you the answer but your story sounds like mine. I am a fast motaboliser of valium. As per a DNA test. I also cannot stabalise on any dose. I always have symptoms and am currently tapering off of urbanol as I cant use valium. I hope you find the answers, I wish I had them.