For the women here/time of the month

[ri...]

Is it just me or does the anxiety get much worse around the time of the month? My anxiety starts to get better but then all of a sudden a week before my period the anxiety spikes up again. I don’t know if my hormones are messed up or what. I usually gets panic attacks the day of and then they dissipate.

Anyone have any tips?

Yes my anxiety is much worse at this time of the month too. Sometimes I will get short of breath a few days before, be very tired and depressed or have a massive migraine. I haven't figured out if it is something missing in the

diet or if hormones are at play. I have started eating foods high in magnesium and iron(sunflower seeds) to see if that helps. And also drinking a teaspoon of lemon if water in the morning for vitamin

absorption.

I heard seaweed is an excellent source of vitamins for anxiety - but I am not sure where to source some besides the dried snack variety which I love - yum yum. Someone I know that had her baby when she lived

in Korea said the standard protocol after having a baby is to have seaweed soup every day for a few weeks to balance your mind and body. Seaweed soup does not sound appealing to me!

Yes my anxiety is much worse at this time of the month too. Sometimes I will get short of breath a few days before, be very tired and depressed or have a massive migraine. I haven't figured out if it is something missing in the

diet or if hormones are at play. I have started eating foods high in magnesium and iron(sunflower seeds) to see if that helps. And also drinking a teaspoon of lemon if water in the morning for vitamin

absorption.

I heard seaweed is an excellent source of vitamins for anxiety - but I am not sure where to source some besides the dried snack variety which I love - yum yum. Someone I know that had her baby when she lived

in Korea said the standard protocol after having a baby is to have seaweed soup every day for a few weeks to balance your mind and body. Seaweed soup does not sound appealing to me!

Thanks, am suffering horribly around ovulation and w pms. It’s unreal, feels so tied to w/d and it’s severely horrible.

Yes its all very strange - I have heard other women not on benzos complain that depression or anxiety is worse around this time. I know that I feel extremely down and have a lot of trouble with my breathing - its almost as if our bodies are really run down at this time.

Anxiety during my periid is what started me on the road to hell.  I had a 5 day panic attack (nrver had before in my life) back in Srptember 2017, went to rhe doctor, he threw meds at me.  Been screwed up ever since.  I do long holds so I'm not tapering during my period.  It sucks. 

• 4 weeks later...

It’s just that I feel my hormones are triggering and re-triggering w/d.

Yes I relate to this completely azalea even though I’m still on the meds; it is making it worse and is horrific.

I relate to what everyone said on here

With each month I do see it getting better. My first few months were the absolute worst and I still dread that week because of this reason. If anyone  knows any supplements are anything that helps please do let us know!

I’ll let you know once my period comes back!  Haven’t had one since c/t off K.  I actually feel like I’m in a perpetual state of major PMS.  Wish the bugger would just come back already. 

My anxiety was horrific around the start of my cycle both when I was tapering and in the months afterward. It wasn't until about 6 months out from stopping Ativan that I really don't notice much of a difference anymore. Hormones can cause issues anyway, but hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep! My anxiety, depression, irritability, and cog fog all get much, much worse during that time of the month. That was true for me before withdrawal though, so I doubt the two are really related beyond "I already felt awful, now I feel more awful." Intrusive thoughts and extreme hopelessness are the red flags; I usually just sleep it off. Of course...that was easier when I could take a Xanax and fall asleep. I was diagnosed with PMDD at one point and have the Nexplanon implant in my arm, which has helped to calm things down a bit. Pamprin also helps, though it makes me really drowsy.

Actually...does anyone know if the Nexplanon implant or Pamprin have strange or unpleasant interactions during withdrawal? It hadn't occurred to me until just now and I haven't noticed anything like that so far.

Yes I had horrible sore throat a week before my period. I thought I caught a cold at first but it went away once my period started,so I found that it was a withdrawal. (I never had the symptom of pms before I started to take benzo.) and I had a little stress also,so i think this time it was worse than usual. 

I haven't had a period since January. Had my hormones checked and doc said I am not in menopause. I also started Lexapro in January (when I didn't know my symptoms could be from Ativan use). So I don't know if it's withdrawal from Ativan or Lexapro causing it.