Just started tapering of klonopin

[Fi...]

I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder. I've been on klonopin for 10yrs. I just started tapering the day before yesterday and I'm already struggling. If you have I would really appreciate it. Klonopin has ruined my life I've become dependent on them. I take them like candy because I hate the feeling of anxiety and I hate having panic attacks. Klonopin has become my crutch.

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Fixmylife!

We are very glad that you found us! Sorry you are struggling. Most of us have struggled with dependency at one point or another with this class of medication. You are not alone. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards & become well informed. By doing this it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a  successful taper &  recovery.

There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a smooth, successful taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

General Taper Plans  Klonopin Club    Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days