Clonazapam Dry Taper Questions

[...]

short story....  Ive been taking 0.5 mg twice a day for 9 years.  I quit last year with a not so good plan.  Couldnt sleep and was going insane, so I went back on it in September.

Fast forward to now.  I've started to dry taper off.  Over the past month i've learnt "guessing" how much im breaking off a pill isnt working so I picked up a scale..

My two questions are:

1) the ashton manual shows cutting out the morning dose completely before starting on the evening dose.  Is that doable with the moderate half life of clonazapam?  Or is that more directed to someone having switched to Valium?  I've only been reducing my morning dose this past month.

2) I weighed my cut pills and realized I was taking between 25 and 40 percent off of each pill (i was trying for 25 percent for the first few weeks).  That may explain why I had some big fluctuations in how I felt the past month.  My plan was to stay at the 40 percent cut but keep it consistent.  Does that sound reasonable?  Or should I possibly updose? 

My plan is/was to cut out the morning over 3 months and then stick with the evening dose for a few months before slowly tapering that. 

Thanks for any advice or guidance.