My plan. Any advice?

[ok...]

Hi all.

I've been on Klonopin since about May 2011. Most of that time I was taking 1mg twice daily but since December after much effort I got myself down to 1mg a day.cMy plan is pretty much to drop my dose by 0.25mg every two weeks.

So it would look like this:

February 16th to March 2nd: 1mg

March 3rd to March 17th: 0.75mg

March 18th to April 1st: 0.50mg

April 2nd to April 16th: 0.25mg

April 17th: 0

Any advice about this?

Hi all.

I've been on Klonopin since about May 2011. Most of that time I was taking 1mg twice daily but since December after much effort I got myself down to 1mg a day.cMy plan is pretty much to drop my dose by 0.25mg every two weeks.

Any advice about this?

That is a super fast taper.  Recommended rate 5-10% every 10-14days. May want to re-consider :thumbsup:

My doctor forced me to do a fast taper almost exactly like yours,  off of (.5 klonopin), and I about went insane.  It was WAY to fast!  I had over a year of symptoms where I could barely leave the house.  I just hit 2 years off, and still struggle with anxiety, which I never had before Klonopin.  I would definitely slow it down.

Hi all.

Very aggressive IMO. I think I would possibly do a liquid micro taper and reduce a small amount each day.

Any advice about this?

Hi all.

Any advice about this?

That is a super fast taper.  Recommended rate 5-10% every 10-14days. May want to re-consider :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice. Can you or anyone here recommend a scale to measure? Seems it would be a bit hard to do by eye.

• 2 weeks later...

Many folks use a Gram Scale  :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm new to all this and know NOTHING about scales.

Hi okwhatever-

Many use these scales. They are not hard to learn how to use. This link is for a CLICK HERE > Gram Scale < CLICK HERE  and has detailed  instructions.