rapid withdraw - what to expect

[...]

Took last 0.125mg ativan 40 hours ago 2/14 evening).

What kind of symptoms do I expect?

WIll I be able to drive?

Should I take vacation for a week or two from work?

Any tips are appreciated.

MD told me that I will be agitated for a day or two. Also told me that if uncomfortable to take .25mg ativan as needed. DOes it sound like good advice?

Any tips/encouragements greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

In the sticky thread it says:

Rapid withdrawal following short-term use of benzodiazepines (use lasting a few days, or a week or two), is not a 'cold turkey' or rapid taper.

Based on my history, 10 days usage, 14 days taper, am I still OK to do the rapid withdrawal?

In the sticky thread it says:

<quote>Rapid withdrawal following short-term use of benzodiazepines (use lasting a few days, or a week or two), is not a 'cold turkey' or rapid taper.

</quote>

Based on my history, 10 days usage, 14 days taper, am I still OK to do the rapid withdrawal?

I'd hope so. Otherwise you should buy a lottery ticket and see if you can get those scales to balance out.

You will most likely experience some increased anxiety, and possibly some cravings or short term GI issues, but 24 days total is right on the edge.

If'n I was a betting type, I'd say you will most likely return to your normal state.

That being said, this assumes that you haven't had to W/D from Benzos or a Z drug before, and this is your first go.

As far as Acute, I was able to drive the entire time, others haven't been.

Dude, in my opinion... just stop if you want to.. you haven’t been taking it long at all.. you won’t experience a bad withdrawal.. I wish I was in your position usage wise.. just quit now in my opinion..

Dude, in my opinion... just stop if you want to.. you haven’t been taking it long at all.. you won’t experience a bad withdrawal.. I wish I was in your position usage wise.. just quit now in my opinion..

Thanks! I stopped on 2/14 evening, when I took the last dose, which was about 72 hours ago. I am confused if any withdrawal how long does it take to show up for lorazepam. Some say can show up in 24 hours, others say that on-set is 4-5 days. Just waiting with the CBD oil prepared. Not sure what else to prepare.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for asking.

I am off the lorazepam for 3 weeks now (yeah!!!!), and off the lexapro for 1 week today (!!!).

From my experience, I felt  some anxiety for about a week after a stopped lorazepam. It started 2-3 days after I stopped.

I would wake up in the morning feeling stressed out, with heart racing, some chest pain, but without any actual concern or worry. I also felt some kind of  burning feeling in my hands several times at night and some increased sweating. All disappeared after about one week.

While on lorazepam, I had several times where I wouldn't mind if I die or that I didn't think that I will make it till next year; this is how bad I felt. But to be frank, I am not sure if was caused by lorazepam or lexapro or both.

I am soooo happy now that I am off lorazepam and I feel normal again.

But I am very upset on the MD that put me on lorazepam in the first place, for insomnia, on the psychiatrist that told me that anxiety can't be caused by lorazepam or lexapro, that is mine alone, and that my obsession of not getting dependent on  a drug is another sign of my GAD (generalized anxiety disorder).  They also told me that I should not put the carriage before the horses, and that I should treat the anxiety instead of being concern with drug dependency.

They went as far as saying that my prior preoccupation with healthy eating, organic food, low VOCs paint, organic cotton was another sign that my anxiety was building up.

Anyway, as I said, I am off drugs now, and I do not get any physical anxiety, which pretty much proves it for me that it was the drugs that were making me anxious. Probably it sounds bad to say it, but in this particular case, the western medicine made me feel a lot worse than my original symptoms. (to be fair tho, there is no good answer from western medicine for insomnia. But the MDs didn't look at what is causing it, and treated the symptoms instead of treating the root cause. and 15 minutes that you get with an MD is not sufficient it appers to me to get to the bottom of it.)

Thanks to all of you benzobuddies that helped me with advises when I was really down and for all posts that educated me on the importance of tapering, inter-dose withdrawal, and advises on supplements to take (fish oil, b complex, D3+K2 vitamin).

Life is good for me now. I am starting to get back to my normal self. I am trying to walk everyday for about one hour outside. I am planing to take time off from work to play with kids and try to make it back for the lost time. I am planing to buy more and better food with the money saved from not seeing psychiatrists and MDs. And I will tell everyone that cares to listen that one should really check and double check all drugs they are prescribed before taking it.