Temazapam 30 mg capsule in powder form

[...]

Hello there. Trying to figure out a plan of how to taper temazapam ( Restoril) in water. Does it mix well? Has anyone done this. My doctor won’t switch me to Valium. He doesn’t believe in tolerance. It started a couple months ago. I’ve joined many groups on Facebook and I know for sure I’m going through it. I bought a 300 ml cup and a syringe to put my capsules in the jar of 300 ml of water and shake it up. I have decided to take out one ml first night, two ml the second night, three the third night and so on. By the end of 30 days it will be one full mg. Then on to the next month. 30 months. But I want to make sure the temazapam powder mixes with water. Does Anyone out there know if this makes sense and is safe?

Hi DLY,

I took Restoril for sleep for decades.  When I reached tolerance every once in awhile, I would go up in dose by opening the capsules and removing powder, but that may be harder to do when you're reducing rather than increasing.

This board is for dry tapers, but I don't want to confuse you by moving your post to Titration Plans.  What I can do is get a member named Builder to come answer your question.  He may not be logged on right now, but he'll get to you when he does.

Challis

Hello there. Trying to figure out a plan of how to taper temazapam ( Restoril) in water. Does it mix well? Has anyone done this. My doctor won’t switch me to Valium. He doesn’t believe in tolerance. It started a couple months ago. I’ve joined many groups on Facebook and I know for sure I’m going through it. I bought a 300 ml cup and a syringe to put my capsules in the jar of 300 ml of water and shake it up. I have decided to take out one ml first night, two ml the second night, three the third night and so on. By the end of 30 days it will be one full mg. Then on to the next month. 30 months. But I want to make sure the temazapam powder mixes with water. Does Anyone out there know if this makes sense and is safe?

I have read about people using water to taper. I would not recommend it because:

Temazepam is a white, crystalline substance, very slightly soluble in water, and sparingly soluble in alcohol.

Pharmacology of Temazapam

Because temazapam is only slightly soluble in water & sparingly soluble in alcohol I would suggest using a suspension agent such as Ora-plus. I would taper using a combo of liquid & caps.  Take the majority of dose(s) using caps & reduce the liquid. How many mg is your  caps 7.5 or 15mg? It may be easier if you have the 7.5mg caps.

Here is a successful taper I found where this person weighed out the medication using gram scale:

Benrest

You can use the search function to find more temazapam tapers in the archives:

CLICK HERE > SEARCH < CLICK HERE