Liquid taper from 0.5 mg Xanax - is 1% or 2% per day too quick?

[om...]

Hi folks!

I have limited access to supplies here (no Amazon or mail order), but I was able to find a mortar and pestle and 10 ml syringe at a science supply place. They also had 20 ml, and 50 ml syringes. But no 100 ml ??? I decided the 10 ml would prob do the trick since it has 50 lines on it (the most lines any of the syringes had).

So, my rough plan is to do the milk titration, crush up a 0.5 mg Xanax every night, mix with milk, and then TRY to go down one syringe line per day. This would equate to a 2% reduction per day, total taper time: 45 days. This might be too quick? "In theory," (layman's terms) it doesn't even seem like a 2% reduction would be something I would even notice. But, I have a feeling it would catch up with me. If it's too quick, I was going to try 2% every two days, so 1% per day (total taper time, little over 3 months). Is this still too quick? I know its much easier to go too quick, and theres kinda no such thing as going too slow. I just want this agony over ASAP.

My situation: CT in 2007 after 2 months of use, CT in 2017 after 2 months of use, and CT again this year (around Jan 1) after 4 months of use, each time I didn't know I was addicted (see my signature below). Reinstated 3 weeks ago once i figured out what was going on, been miserable ever since. Never went above the 0.5 mg pill. But I have definitely kindled multiple times, and at current moment I am definitely not doing well. Low level anxiety all day, food/beverage sensitivities, pins/needles/electric feelings in my legs and feet, and horrific insomnia - I feel like I am being electrocuted every time I lie down. Like my nervous system is on fire, its the worst feeling ever!

I JUST WANT OFF THESE DEVIL PILLS!!! :( The horrible effects of them have cost me so many years of my life.

Any advice or words here would be greatly appreciated ! :) Thank you! :smitten:

By the standards usually followed here on BB, 2%/day is extremely fast. 

Most folks work in the range of 7-10% every 10-14 days.  So using those guidelines, the "fast" end of the range would be 1% per day.

By the standards usually followed here on BB, 2%/day is extremely fast. 

Most folks work in the range of 7-10% every 10-14 days.  So using those guidelines, the "fast" end of the range would be 1% per day.

Thanks for your reply, Builder! I realize it’s kinda fast... :( I guess I’m just extremely desperate and also extremely miserable :-[ I want this over with as quickly as possible, but maybe I can’t rush it w the taper. I guess I was hoping that maybe my low dose made it easier? Or something?

Sigh... :(

What scares me is I seem to be getting worse, not better. More symptoms and worse symptoms. The reinstatement has just made me worse off than the CT! :(

Thanks for your reply, Builder! I realize it’s kinda fast... :( I guess I’m just extremely desperate and also extremely miserable :-[ I want this over with as quickly as possible, but maybe I can’t rush it w the taper. I guess I was hoping that maybe my low dose made it easier? Or something?

Sigh... :(

What scares me is I seem to be getting worse, not better. More symptoms and worse symptoms. The reinstatement has just made me worse off than the CT! :(

Uhh....5mg X is 10mg valium equivalent...not exactly a low dose.

Dang! I didn’t realize that. Thank you for clarifying.

I guess it just seemed small, when compared to others :-\

[/ ::)

Hi ombass,  :highfive:I see https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm Dr. Ashton's equivalence table states 0.5mg of X is equivalent to 10mg Valium. All the best with finding the right taper plan  :thumbsup: Harmonee

Hello there, Harmonee! :) Thanks for your message here. Funny you should point that out, as I  was reading the Ashton manual today too, and noticed the same thing! ;) Which is at least a LITTLE reassuring, because 20 mg Valium is a lot! 10 mg is still a lot, but it’s better than 20 mg :)

Thanks for the well wishes! Sounds like my taper plan was a bit too aggressive... but I will find one that works. I am 100% determined to BEAT THIS, no matter what it takes!  :thumbsup:

Hi again ombass,

It's kind of like  the old proverbial question "glass half full or glass half empty"  :laugh: Dr Ashton's chart suggests a high dose is 40mg, so your 10mg is 4 times less...uhh to see it in a positive light  :thumbsup:. https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2 You could well be one of the majority who just nicely slides off her chart with ease  :clap:.    :smitten: Harmonee

When I got down to .5 Xanax, my taper was a struggle.  I had to reduce my dose and hold for at least 5 days.  It will go by faster if you keep it steady and distract yourself with other things.  If you reduce too quickly, you will updose and be back where you started, therefore, lasting longer anyway.  It took me two months once I hit .5.  And it was not steady at first.  I had to jump back and forth, until I realized I wasn't getting anywhere by trying to go too fast.  The very last week I was on Xanax I had anxiety about dropping that last tiny little bit.  I took a dose, skipped two days, took another dose, and never took another.  Nothing happened.  My anxiety was about stopping, not physical.  I have to laugh at myself now, but it certainly was not funny at the time.  I feel so much better now.  I think clearly, I can remember things.  It's amazing how asleep I was!! I hope you get there, it's worth it!!