Is it worth it to crossover from Klonopin to Valium

[VC...]

Just curious if its worth it in terms of withdrawal symptom avoidance/mitigation to switch from Klonopin to Valium to conduct a taper.

If my understanding is correct Klonopin has a long half life as does Valium. Which is longer I am not sure. Are the differences in half life drastic?

I reside some comfort in staying the course with klonopin as I have a large quantity to conduct my taper (liquid daily micro taper). Is it worth it to ask my pdoc to prescribe Valium instead?

Thanks

[f3...]
Valium is longer than klonopin, but both are fine to taper.  Personally, I'd just stick with klonopin if that's what you're already taking.  It'll save you a two-month crossover, and the klonopin may be more to your liking than the valium.

Thanks for the reply bads. Makes sense. Don't want to delay this nonsense any longer. And I think I am much more comfortable with K.

I saw that you used gabapentin in your sig. How did that work out for you in terms of treating anxiety during withdrawal? Did you just utilize it for sleep?

My doc perscribed it to me to have me crossover to it as I taper. She also recommended I taper .25mg every 2 weeks so I don't put too much stock in her.

Sorry to derail my own topic

[f3...]

I just used the gabapentin to help me sleep better.  I usually took it at night.  I felt that it added about an hour to my sleep (which was very welcome at the time).  And I was able to jump off of it easily, but I was usually only taking 300-400 mg.  I think some people replace their benzo with gabapentin as they taper and end up taking 1200+ mgs a day.  I don't like that approach as much because some people have difficulty weaning off of gabapentin.

0.25mg every other week is often recommended by doctors.  I think it's because most doctors don't think their patients are capable of weighing out pill fragments, so they prescribe half pill cuts (or sometimes quarter pill cuts).  It probably works for some people - maybe that even works for most people, but I think it's too fast for many people.  I also think people are plenty smart enough to use a milligram balance competently with a little instruction.