Valium dissolves not filler?

[Cl...]

My mixture of water and alcohol and Valium has flexs of blue pill in it. So do I accept that is in solution  and just give a stir before I draw up or did I do something wrong?

How did you prepare it what solvent? How big are the "flexs"

Hi. Bella

I put 5 10-mg tabs in 100ml vodka. Watched them break up then stirred- still lots of flecks- added 400ml water, making a total of 500 ml.

The blue flecks are now settled out on bottom of jar- tiny pieces.

I plan to stir it up before I draw up my dose.

(BTW I was able to get a script for enough pills to do a proper taper)

My plan is to cut daily:  4.9 ( yesterday I took 5mg pill)

Next day 4.8, etc

Is that a reasonable taper?

Oh that's fine... no medication left in the flex now, don't worry...you are all set AWESOME!

You are good to go now with that xtra V ...phew... nice!  8):thumbsup:

My mixture of water and alcohol and Valium has flexs of blue pill in it. So do I accept that is in solution  and just give a stir before I draw up or did I do something wrong?

a 5mg V tablet typically weights about 150mg.  So that means about 3% of the tablet is V, and the other 97% is inactive binders, fillers, colorants, etc.

The Valium will definitely dissolve in the alcohol, some of the remaining inactive ingredients usually will not.  Don't worry about the residual insoluble; they aren't Valium

Hello Bella, I want to do a similar taper like Cliffdweller but my poison is X. Dropping by measured doses each day like Cliffdweller sounds much less complicated to get my head around. Can you advise a plan please? I want to reduce by 10% and see how I go. My current dosage is 1.5mg (divided by 3 doses a day). I think it would be good to make up about a 14 day supply. I would appreciate any help I can get, thanks again  :smitten: Harmonee

Hello Bella, I want to do a similar taper like Cliffdweller but my poison is X. Dropping by measured doses each day like Cliffdweller sounds much less complicated to get my head around. Can you advise a plan please? I want to reduce by 10% and see how I go. My current dosage is 1.5mg (divided by 3 doses a day). I think it would be good to make up about a 14 day supply. I would appreciate any help I can get, thanks again  :smitten: Harmonee

H Harmonee-

Here is a plan that may work for you:

Reduce 10% every 14 days from 1.5mg Xanax

1.5 x 14days = 21mgs

Formula:

14 days 1:10 (1mg=10ml; 1ml=.10mg)

1) Crush 21mg Xanax into fine powder

2) Measure out 50ml ethanol or high grade alcohol put into suitable container w/lid

3) Place crushed 21mg Xanax into alcohol  till dissolve (make sure X is totally covered)

4) Add 160ml of distilled water cover & store solution in a cool dark

Use a 10ml & 1ml 100 increment tuberculin syringe & 100ml graduating cylinder. It may be easier if you draw out the total daily dose then split this into your daily doses.

Start dose= 1.5mg; 

10% of 1.5mg=.15mg; .15mg/14days=.011mg (.11ml) =TOTAL Daily Reduction

Start: Draw/dose  15ml 1x a day (1.5mg). This will be your starting dose.Then follow the chart.

*CALCULATIONS ARE ROUNDED OFF*

Cut 10% (.10)              1x                      3x                  Total

.011mg (.1ml)          Dose(ml)            Dose(ml)        Reduction(mg)                             

Day#        Start                      15.00                  5.00                  - 0 - 

1)                                          14.89                  4.96                  .011               

2)                                          14.78                  4.93                  .022

3)                                          14.67                  4.89                  .033

4)                                          14.56                  4.19                  .044

5)                                          14.45                  4.16                  .055

6)                                          14.34                  4.12                  .066

7)                                          14.23                  4.09                  .077

8}                                        14.12                  5.04                  .088

9)                                          14.01                  5.00                  .099

10)                                          13.90                  4.96                  .110

11)                                          13.79                  4.93                  .121

12)                                          13.68                  4.89                  .132

13)                                          13.57                  4.85                  .143

14)                                          13.46                  4.82                  .154

Week

3 - 4

1.50mg - .150mg = 1.35mg

10% of 1.35mg = .135mg; .135mg/14days = .10mg ;(.10ml) TOTAL DAILY REDUCTION

Week

5 - 6

1.35 - .135 = 1.215mg

10% of 1.22mg = .122mg; .122mg/14days = .09mg ;(.09ml) TOTAL DAILY REDUCTION

Week

7 -8

1.22 - .122 = 1.10

10% of 1.10mg = .110mg; .110mg/14days = .08mg ;(.08ml) TOTAL DAILY REDUCTION

etc...

Thank you so much Bella!! I can really get my head around that, I am so appreciative that you went to that trouble  :yippee::smitten: Just need to pluck up the courage to begin. Can I ask you if people generally start having sxs relatively soon after starting their taper, or do they generally start further down the taper pat?. Sorry, I don't mean to generalize, it's just that I have to put up relatives in a couple of weeks and don't want to be in the throws of sxs.

Thank you so much Bella!! I can really get my head around that, I am so appreciative that you went to that trouble  :yippee::smitten: Just need to pluck up the courage to begin. Can I ask you if people generally start having sxs relatively soon after starting their taper, or do they generally start further down the taper pat?. Sorry, I don't mean to generalize, it's just that I have to put up relatives in a couple of weeks and don't want to be in the throws of sxs.

You are welcome!

It is hard to speculate about when or even if sxs will start up. This is so individualized. There is only a very small percentage of benzo dependents that experience difficult to manage sxs when in withdrawal.  At some point in withdrawal, most people do feel some type of withdrawal sxs. The sxs that may show up vary as well as the duration & intensity of the sxs. So, the good news is that the majority of people do NOT experience the, painful, awful, lingering sxs. The majority will generally only feel a bit uncomfortable with manageable issues that diminish quickly.

So remain positive Harmonee. Try not to worry or become overwhelmed with all of the horror stories you may find on the forum.  Read the success stories :thumbsup:

Wishing you the very best in your journey!  :smitten:

You are welcome!

It is hard to speculate about when or even if sxs will start up. This is so individualized. There is only a very small percentage of benzo dependents that experience difficult to manage sxs when in withdrawal.  At some point in withdrawal, most people do feel some type of withdrawal sxs. The sxs that may show up vary as well as the duration & intensity of the sxs. So, the good news is that the majority of people do NOT experience the, painful, awful, lingering sxs. The majority will generally only feel a bit uncomfortable with manageable issues that diminish quickly.

So remain positive Harmonee. Try not to worry or become overwhelmed with all of the horror stories you may find on the forum.  Read the success stories :thumbsup:

Wishing you the very best in your journey!  :smitten:

You really have given me so much encouragement to know not everyone goes through these horrible sxs! I was thinking it was just how it is, a fait accompli! I feel so bad for everyone here experiencing such dreadful and such retracted w/d  :( You're all so brave and my heart goes out to you all, such kind people. Once again Bella, I can't tell you how much better I now feel  :smitten: