I need a better scale, really good one, anyone done that is willing to let go??

[b9...]

I too have a Gemini and agree it can be a bit finicky but I believe it will get you close enough considering that it measures .000 decimals

Make sure you calibrate it then try to move it around alot and always put it back in the box

Make sure you have it on a level surface which can be challenging to find in the house. Make sure to metal cup is centered before turning it on. Then drop the pill gently onto the metal cup and again center. Wait for it to stabilize. I weight it with the lid open. Make sure there isn't a draft or anything else running that would vibrate the surface.

As long as you get a reading with the lid open then take off the unneeded portion put the pill back on gently and let it stabilize. I believe you should be close enough. Again realizing that it's measuring such a small weight if it's a tiny bit off it shouldn't effect you that much.

After a,while you will get good at knowing by looking if the dose is close. If you feel that it's way off. Start the process over. Turn off the scale turn it on with the cup in the center.

It's real important to have it centered. Then after it stabilizes on zero gently place the pill on. Make sure it's flat not on a side or anything and centered. Give it some time to stabilize.

I know u probably have done all this already. I found that when I closed the lid like they suggest it really messed with my readings so I don't move the lid. All your weighing is relative so if the lid is up when u first weigh your pill then cut according to that weigh. Things will change if you keep closing and opening the lid in my experience so again I don't use the lid like they suggest in the directions

Just make sure there not a draft in the area

I used to have one of those scales and I had a laboratory balance at my disposal as well. It stays within the +/- 2mg range as long as you have 50mg or more worth of material on it, under 50mg, it goes to +/- 3mg, under 20mg, it’s all over the place.

Closing the lid does screw up the reading almost every time.

And it is indeed super finicky about having to have what you’re measuring dead center.

I got fed up with it and got a GemPro 250. I didn’t have any problems with that scale for over a year, even after it spilled on the floor one time.

Thanks for your info

I may look into the gem 250

Although I'm trying not to worry if I'm .003 or so off as part if the process tapering is trying not to worry

I'm glad u found the same issues to be true

For the buddies who started this thread maybe the gem 250 will work if it's in your price range good luck