I feel like I'm losing my life

[sa...]

After a very fast elimination I had to go back to 1 mg for having severe symptoms of withdrawal 15 days ago, I still feel those symptoms and I am very worried that I have to go to university and I can not study with these symptoms .....

I am looking for someone with a similar history who can give me some advice.

Thank you very much.

I can tell you that I have never had more problems learning and retaining information other than during my benzo taper.  I was able to do one year of university while tapering very very little and I had so many problems.  Everything was harder and anxiety provoking.  My best advice would be to go very slow and expect to need to study way more than you usually do.  Also, you may want to look at a reduced course load, and not take a whole lot of very hard courses right now.

For me, the worst was the exams that ask you stuff you just learned last week.  Memorization was just so much harder than it used to be.  I actually found applying principals and techniques much easier to show on exams than just rote memorization, but maybe that is just me. 

I can tell you that I have never had more problems learning and retaining information other than during my benzo taper.  I was able to do one year of university while tapering very very little and I had so many problems.  Everything was harder and anxiety provoking.  My best advice would be to go very slow and expect to need to study way more than you usually do.  Also, you may want to look at a reduced course load, and not take a whole lot of very hard courses right now.

For me, the worst was the exams that ask you stuff you just learned last week.  Memorization was just so much harder than it used to be.  I actually found applying principals and techniques much easier to show on exams than just rote memorization, but maybe that is just me.

Thank you very much, your experience will be useful.

You really tapered much too quickly. Are you now back stable on the 1 mg of K?

These last days I have had a lot of insomnia and extreme anxiety, sudden mood swings. I do not know if it can be considered stable ...

I am in a similar boat to you. I took Xanax for sleep for 4 months then just stopped taking it, thinking i wasn't addicted. 3 weeks of symptoms that got progressively worse, until I finally realized why i was feeling so bad.

Two weeks ago, I reinstated to the same 0.5 mg dose, which was ok for a couple days. It felt like it put the fire out. But then it quickly became not enough and the symptoms started coming back again. Horrific insomnia, felt like i was getting electrocuted as I was starting to fall asleep.

What concerns me at this point is that I appear to be getting worse, not better! :-\ I just want to stabilize so I can start tapering.

One thing re: mood swings, is you could be reacting to foods or drinks! Thats a big one I just realized. Check out the connection of high histamine / high glutamate foods and stuff to avoid (caffeine, alcohol, stimulants, cannabis even can aggravate some people).

I am in a similar boat to you. I took Xanax for sleep for 4 months then just stopped taking it, thinking i wasn't addicted. 3 weeks of symptoms that got progressively worse, until I finally realized why i was feeling so bad.

Two weeks ago, I reinstated to the same 0.5 mg dose, which was ok for a couple days. It felt like it put the fire out. But then it quickly became not enough and the symptoms started coming back again. Horrific insomnia, felt like i was getting electrocuted as I was starting to fall asleep.

What concerns me at this point is that I appear to be getting worse, not better! :-\ I just want to stabilize so I can start tapering.

One thing re: mood swings, is you could be reacting to foods or drinks! Thats a big one I just realized. Check out the connection of high histamine / high glutamate foods and stuff to avoid (caffeine, alcohol, stimulants, cannabis even can aggravate some people).

Hi,give more information about histamine/glutamato please

Hi,give more information about histamine/glutamato please

This is the best info I’ve found:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=194324.0

Also, a great success story! Very inspiring :) Hope that helps!