Synthroid users

[da...]

Hi,

I am on natural dessicated thyroid at 1 1/2 grains which is equal to about 100mcg of thyroxine.  I do think that each dose is hitting my system but I dare not reduce my does as I was left undiagnosed for soo long that I think it unsafe for me to reduce and risk my health.It is also difficult to know what my ortisol levels are doing, it seems to have gone from really high to low, and thyroid will only work with correct levels of cortisol.

Have you actually reduced your thyroxine.  How is your sleep.  Mine is severely compromised.

Yes, I had to reduce my Synthroid dose from 150 mcg to 112 mcg.  I had been stable on 150 for 17 years but benzos completely wrecked my levels.  My endocrinologist said that ADs and benzos are terrible on the endocrine system and HPA axis.  He is miffed that doctors give these drugs out like candy.  He is anxious for me to be off of the AD as soon as I'm stable enough from the benzo taper.

I take generic levothyroxine rather than Synthroid. I started at 125mcg back in summer of 2016, now I'm down to 50mcg. I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually go off it completely. My thyroid has gone underactive and then back to normal twice in the past. Coincidentally (or not) I was on benzos all three times my thyroid went underactive. When I wasn't on benzos it was straight down the middle normal range.