Here Comes The Pain Again

[Fi...]

The head pain is unbearable today.  Every nerve is just firing.  I don’t know what I’m doing wrong?!

Everything I take for it doesn’t help at all.    I handle pain anywhere, but in my head.  It’s awful. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [de...]

• [cl...]

• [Rx...]

Yup. I’ve been dealing with a unilateral daily headache since october and on and off since June. It’s a real pain when it hits your head. The best I’ve found has been tiger balm a hot bath and trying to reduce stress. Also the diet is key. I find when i eat a heavy meal it hits me harder after.

Yup. I’ve been dealing with a unilateral daily headache since october and on and off since June. It’s a real pain when it hits your head. The best I’ve found has been tiger balm a hot bath and trying to reduce stress. Also the diet is key. I find when i eat a heavy meal it hits me harder after.

I took a hot shower that didn’t help.  What is your diet like?  I need to eat small means because it really turns up after eating..  Anything. 

When you eat more muscles in your head are contracting. That is why the head pressure is worse.

Same thing happened to me. I would get horrible headaches after I ate.

When you eat more muscles in your head are contracting. That is why the head pressure is worse.

Same thing happened to me. I would get horrible headaches after I ate.

Do you find your pain is increasing over time?  Are you sticking to a special diet or just eating small portions and soft foods?  Do you take anything for the pain?

I posted info I got from my Neurologist appt.  on the post Withdrawal forum.  He said (I) have Peripheral Neuropathy-hence my severe head pain and that I would never get better.  That there is nothing I can take medication wise to fix it.    Not saying you have this.  Apparently I do.    I’m so freaked out. 

Did he do nerve conduction (?) tests, or any tests at all to prove peripheral neuropathy F4M? 

Don't freak out  :smitten: F4M from what I can gather doctors are all too prone to diagnose something they are familiar and learned in rather than look at the real possibility of WD. 

If I had have gone to the hospital last week I would have received a diagnosis psychotic for sure.  I WAS in a way but it was pseudo not "real" psychosis and all to do with WD.  It's lessened now, but I was  :crazy:

Heaps of examples here of people being misdiagnosed out of ignorance of WD by medical profession.  This is not to say that you DONT have PN but I'm putting my money on WD what with all of your other symptomology. 

Dee xxx 

Did he do nerve conduction (?) tests, or any tests at all to prove peripheral neuropathy F4M? 

Don't freak out  :smitten: F4M from what I can gather doctors are all too prone to diagnose something they are familiar and learned in rather than look at the real possibility of WD. 

If I had have gone to the hospital last week I would have received a diagnosis psychotic for sure.  I WAS in a way but it was pseudo not "real" psychosis and all to do with WD.  It's lessened now, but I was  :crazy:

Heaps of examples here of people being misdiagnosed out of ignorance of WD by medical profession.  This is not to say that you DONT have PN but I'm putting my money on WD what with all of your other symptomology. 

Dee xxx

Dee, you are always so reassuring!  Love that about you! 

I truly hope I can find something to manage this pain. 

The Neurologist freaked me out!  I need relief it’s crucial!!!  I would think if it’s WD that it would dissipate not get worse.

Not that I’ve been misdiagnosed-that I know of.  But, you are absolutely right so many people here have been misdiagnosed. 

As much research as people have done, some could be doctors!!! 

Pseudo Psychosis-how does that work?

F4M

Just don't want you to freak out even if you do have PN F4M  :smitten:

We've got to hold our nerve here, it only adds to the dilemma when freaking.  I freak out a lot about these crazy 😜 symptoms so I'm really no one to talk but I know that when I stress I seem to DR and pain in back and neck made worse and in fact just had to take analgesia. 

I used to think that things should be getting better with back and neck pain but it seems to fluctuate and I am constantly disappointed, as with today.  It hurts. 

I really don't know precisely but surely there is something that can be given to alleviate your pain?  I know it's a bit silly to say "I have a friend who..", but in fact I do have a friend who has been diagnosed with PN and she has been prescribed medication, and whose name escapes me.  She says it is working and really hope same for you.

By "pseudo" psychosis I mean the crazy symptoms that have me feel I'm going crazy.  DR, some mania, feeling like I've taken LSD or something.  Truly believe it is a result of jumping off 2 a/d's

( :idiot: doctor) and the Valium all in one hit.  Felt like my brain was fried.  Had to reinstate the Valium hoping to stabilise but still feeling pretty whacked out. 

These symptoms are abating (pray loud and strong), whereas in "true" psychosis as in schizophrenia eg they would not abate.  That's my read on it and I'm sticking to it.  :thumbsup:

Do you get any relief from your symptoms F4M?  I really hope so.  :smitten: 

With love

Dee xxx

Just don't want you to freak out even if you do have PN F4M  :smitten:

We've got to hold our nerve here, it only adds to the dilemma when freaking.  I freak out a lot about these crazy 😜 symptoms so I'm really no one to talk but I know that when I stress I seem to DR and pain in back and neck made worse and in fact just had to take analgesia. 

I used to think that things should be getting better with back and neck pain but it seems to fluctuate and I am constantly disappointed, as with today.  It hurts. 

I really don't know precisely but surely there is something that can be given to alleviate your pain?  I know it's a bit silly to say "I have a friend who..", but in fact I do have a friend who has been diagnosed with PN and she has been prescribed medication, and whose name escapes me.  She says it is working and really hope same for you.

By "pseudo" psychosis I mean the crazy symptoms that have me feel I'm going crazy.  DR, some mania, feeling like I've taken LSD or something.  Truly believe it is a result of jumping off 2 a/d's

( :idiot: doctor) and the Valium all in one hit.  Felt like my brain was fried.  Had to reinstate the Valium hoping to stabilise but still feeling pretty whacked out. 

These symptoms are abating (pray loud and strong), whereas in "true" psychosis as in schizophrenia eg they would not abate.  That's my read on it and I'm sticking to it.  :thumbsup:

Do you get any relief from your symptoms F4M?  I really hope so.  :smitten: 

With love

Dee xxx

Dee  :smitten:

Thank you, I went back to the Neurologist this morning and had him explain this all to me again.  I really don’t understand all this pain. 

Anyway,how are you doing today?  Hope all is well..

F4M

Okay.......  this head pain is outside the realm of Benzo WD.  It’s more painful then child birth.  This can’t be possible.  My CNS must be blown to pieces.  This is sooo BAD!!! 

F4M have you had MRI done? 

Did your neurologist in explanation offer you ANYTHING in terms of relief?  Surely can't let you sit there in so much pain with no offer of possible solution?

I so want to updose today F4M I feel terrible and the weather here is excruciating.  No a/c.  I'm DR'd, my back is really hurting, my eyes feel like sandpaper and my lips sting, my anxiety and fear have taken further hold and I don't know how to explain it any further,  :(it's inexplainable which makes it all the harder when trying to talk with doctors.  All they see is the anxiety, but this IS different.  It's weird and stupid. 

I won't updose but so want to.  Am finding it really hard today. 

F4M have you had MRI done? 

Did your neurologist in explanation offer you ANYTHING in terms of relief?  Surely can't let you sit there in so much pain with no offer of possible solution?

I so want to updose today F4M I feel terrible and the weather here is excruciating.  No a/c.  I'm DR'd, my back is really hurting, my eyes feel like sandpaper and my lips sting, my anxiety and fear have taken further hold and I don't know how to explain it any further,  :(it's inexplainable which makes it all the harder when trying to talk with doctors.  All they see is the anxiety, but this IS different.  It's weird and stupid. 

I won't updose but so want to.  Am finding it really hard today. 

Dee, Stay Strong!!!!      No, nothing for pain.  It’s dear lord!!!  I gotta go. 

I didn't updose claysummer but was so fully tested.  :thumbsup:

I am really afraid of what lies ahead when I begin my taper in 5 days.  I'm convinced now that I'm in tolerance withdrawal after ct'ing Valium and 2 a/d's  :crazy:  I had to reinstate the Valium but not the a/d's as they turned me into a manic lunatic.  Such deep depression I have never known previously. 

I think I was in tolerance prior to c/t but did not recognise it as such and since the c/t things have been made MUCH worse. 

My focus now is to begin a slow taper as there is no way around it and can't be stuck in tolerance for the rest of my life.  I don't even know if you can stay in tolerance indefinitely?  Horrible thought so MUST taper. 

It's really hard claysummer but updosing (for me) would only disappoint me and I'd feel further stuck in this slime.  Others have done it, so why not I?  And then I think I'm different and won't be able to do it, but I know I have to. 

How are you today claysummer?  Hope better than yesterday.  :smitten:

And now my thoughts are with you F4M has there been any relent to your head pain?  I really hope so as you sounded very distressed yesterday and wondered if you had family or friends around who you could talk to?  I hope you are feeling somewhat better.  :smitten:

Sitting here feeling immobilised, tremulous and DR'd.    :-\

Will try to follow advices here and get into some distraction.  I can hear a bird singing outside. 

Dee  :(

I didn't updose claysummer but was so fully tested.  :thumbsup:

I am really afraid of what lies ahead when I begin my taper in 5 days.  I'm convinced now that I'm in tolerance withdrawal after ct'ing Valium and 2 a/d's  :crazy:  I had to reinstate the Valium but not the a/d's as they turned me into a manic lunatic.  Such deep depression I have never known previously. 

I think I was in tolerance prior to c/t but did not recognise it as such and since the c/t things have been made MUCH worse. 

My focus now is to begin a slow taper as there is no way around it and can't be stuck in tolerance for the rest of my life.  I don't even know if you can stay in tolerance indefinitely?  Horrible thought so MUST taper. 

It's really hard claysummer but updosing (for me) would only disappoint me and I'd feel further stuck in this slime.  Others have done it, so why not I?  And then I think I'm different and won't be able to do it, but I know I have to. 

How are you today claysummer?  Hope better than yesterday.  :smitten:

And now my thoughts are with you F4M has there been any relent to your head pain?  I really hope so as you sounded very distressed yesterday and wondered if you had family or friends around who you could talk to?  I hope you are feeling somewhat better.  :smitten:

Sitting here feeling immobilised, tremulous and DR'd.    :-\

Will try to follow advices here and get into some distraction.  I can hear a bird singing outside. 

Dee  :(

Dee,  hang in there!!!  You will be ok!!!!  Distract!!!

No my head pain is not going away.  I was told there is nothing they can do to help me.  I’m so scared.  Just shaking in fear. 

I am right with you. I am literally shaking right now and my head is throbbing. I feel so alone.

We have to be here for each other!!!  We need to help and support each other!!

Clay, it will get better for you.  Things are at a hyperexcitable State.  Being flooded with so many thoughts.  It’s wd.  Just breathe slowly.  Calm it down.  Give yourself a much needed hug!!! 

Clay,  you are still significant,  and you deserve to love yourself.  You are brave and things will get better!  Adjustments are being made every minute towards healing.  Say out loud to yourself              I Love ME!!  Need to hear positive dialogue in your mind. 

Looks like there are three of us sitting here trembling. 

My thoughts always return to "this can't be WD it's too extreme and weird."  Am I now an unmasked nut job whose c/t ripped away my defences?  :(.  I don't think so but whatever the case I want OFF benzo's and I'll deal with whatever follows, I have NO option.  Drug free nut case, that's something to look forward too.  :D

Anxiety can produce more symptoms than I could have ever imagined and I'm getting sharp pains in the left side of my head.  Don't worry F4M I had it BEFORE you put forward the head pain you are experiencing.  Pain in back has returned.  Gotta distract.  Wanna cry but can't. 

We'll stick together and get through this together.  No one else could ever understand. 

Healing not dying as someone here said most sagely. 

Dee :smitten:

Looks like there are three of us sitting here trembling. 

My thoughts always return to "this can't be WD it's too extreme and weird."  Am I now an unmasked nut job whose c/t ripped away my defences?  :(.  I don't think so but whatever the case I want OFF benzo's and I'll deal with whatever follows, I have NO option.  Drug free nut case, that's something to look forward too.  :D

Anxiety can produce more symptoms than I could have ever imagined and I'm getting sharp pains in the left side of my head.  Don't worry F4M I had it BEFORE you put forward the head pain you are experiencing.  Pain in back has returned.  Gotta distract.  Wanna cry but can't. 

We'll stick together and get through this together.  No one else could ever understand. 

Healing not dying as someone here said most sagely. 

Dee :smitten:

Dee,  unity in trembling!!!  The pain will ease!!! 

Happy Valentines Day ❤️

Healing Ain’t Easy!!!!  Solidarity in the Process!!!!

Hope you get better soon. For me the head pressure subsided a lot around week 2 then came the painful neurology that I have been dealing with the past few weeks.

I have been 30 days off today and I hate to say but it’s not getting any easier.. I have terrible burning and pins and needles all over my body.. It’s really awful, I wouldn’t wish this parasthesia on my worst enemy..

It is very difficult and I started taking gabapentin.. I’ve been on it a week and things were fine but now I feel it is not working and I’m getting worse... I pray you have an easier time than I am..

Hope you get better soon. For me the head pressure subsided a lot around week 2 then came the painful neurology that I have been dealing with the past few weeks.

I have been 30 days off today and I hate to say but it’s not getting any easier.. I have terrible burning and pins and needles all over my body.. It’s really awful, I wouldn’t wish this parasthesia on my worst enemy..

It is very difficult and I started taking gabapentin.. I’ve been on it a week and things were fine but now I feel it is not working and I’m getting worse... I pray you have an easier time than I am..

I’m praying for both of US.  I hope that you get some much needed relief.  I’m so sensitive I think that’s making matters worse for me. 

Have you tried anything else for relief besides the Gabapentine?  I don’t get this whole thing.  I just really don’t.  Makes me mad.

I hope you are feeling better soon.  Very soon!!!

I tried to reply yesterday but my post disappeared off the screen, got stressed and couldn't do it again.

Just to say I'm still here ensconced on couch with a bloated belly and stupid humming in my ears, so fatigued.  If this weren't so stupefying it would be funny.  DR a little better today.  I'm not counting my chickens.

F4M  :smitten::Clay  :smitten: Dude :smitten:

Solidarity forever.

Dee :(

I tried to reply yesterday but my post disappeared off the screen, got stressed and couldn't do it again.

Just to say I'm still here ensconced on couch with a bloated belly and stupid humming in my ears, so fatigued.  If this weren't so stupefying it would be funny.  DR a little better today.  I'm not counting my chickens.

F4M  :smitten::Clay  :smitten: Dude :smitten:

Solidarity forever.

Dee :(

Stay Strong Dee, Solidarity in Journey :smitten:

F4M