Me and liquid= no go

[ch...]

Nightmares and bad sleep last night ..I think I may be one of those people who cannot tolerate liquid. Looks like back to pills, which means weighing etc. Does anyone microtaper using pills and what is the regime please? I will likely need to crush the pills and weigh each dose. I am on 3.4 valium per day

[df...]
A lot of folks feel that they don't get as much medicine when they switch to liquid.  If you want to stay with liquid, you may need to up-dose a bit (maybe 5-10-20%).  It's not an actual updose - it's just that you're not absorbing the medicine as efficiently.  Perhaps you were taking your pills sublingually instead of simply swallowing them???  Taking pills sublingually increases your effective dosage because it by-passes first-pass metabolism.  Even if the pill just sits in your mouth for 5-10 seconds, there will be a small amount of sublingual absorption.  If you can taste it, you probably absorbed (some of) it sublingually.

Hi Chenka44

You can use a scale and take off some of the the pill by cutting or breaking the pill reducing by 5 to 10 percent every 7 to 10 days or in my case I've been doing 14 days in between cuts

I've been just breaking off and weighing the pill to do this.

The 2 mg pills weigh roughly .168 sometimes a little more

Each .042 of weight is roughly .5 mg

If your using the 5mg pill to taper the math is a different

[df...]

Hi badsocrief

So when you do sublingual do you not get the same dosage

You get a higher dose of many drugs (including benzos) if you take them sublingually.  When you swallow the pills, they go through the regular digestive system and some of the drug is metabolized by the liver before it ever reaches your bloodstream.  When you absorb the medicine sublingually, it's absorbed directly into the blood stream.  You also absorb the medicine faster.  It's not a huge difference.  For Xanax, it's on the order of 10% more absorption via sublingual versus if you swallow the pills (see reference below).  But 10% is a big cut for many people.  That's why it is often desirable to up-dose slightly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3680603

i received a PM in regards to my method of tapering and cutting of the pills. To follow the forum rules with the buddies permission I am posting the answers here. I also dont want to hijack this post but I believe it will also shed some light to the original question posted by chenka44

On my signature the buddie noticed I was cutting .25 every cut and wanted to know how I cut and if the pill crumbled. First off I am tapering off of Vailum and currently utilizing 2 mg. pills. when I say Im cutting .25 it is not a quarter of the pill it is actually .25 mg of the 2.0 mg pill  Also i was waiting 2 weeks to cut .25mg and not the sugested 5 to 10 percent every 7-10 days. I started at 5.o mg and have been able to cut .25mg every 2 weeks . I am going to update my signature once I finish this reply in order for everyone to see my progress.

If anyone needs me to post the math I can but I was about to and it got very long and runny so I deleted it.

To reduce the dosage I figure out how much I want the pill reduced and what the weight should before at that point.

So i just break them by hand to the weight I want to get to. If i need to add or subtract from the weight on the scale i may just pinch the pill to crumble off a small portion or I may add by taking a piece of the broken part not on the scale and crumble enough on the scale until I reach my desired weight.

regarding my PM The Buddie was concerned with reducing his pill a .25 at a time and I wanted to make sure he knows that when my signature reads .25 its not actually a quarter of the pill it's actually .25mg of the dosage of the current pill I am using.

I also wanted him to know that my .25mg is not equal to his .25mg as I am taking valium and they are taking xanax. So a .25mg reduction on a .5mg xanax is a 50 percent reduction is dosage and not the recommended 5 to 10 percent reduction every 7 to 10 days.

So i kind of answered the original post which explains how I break the pills and do use a scale for reducing my dosage.

if anyone needs me to post how I figure out the weight to reduce I can

regarding the PM post i just want the buddie to know that I also was on xanax and ativan when I did my first withdraw and since the pills themselves were so small it was hard to reduce the dosage without crumbling them. I actually didnt have a scale at that time. I went through alot of bad nights sleeping with nightmares and then waking up with my arms and hands numb.it was awful. I somehow got down to a tiny piece then I didnt crossover I just substituded a small dosage of valium and tapered off with valium by just reducing my dosage. in hindsight I did get off of Benzos for roughly 3 years. I didnt realize then that I was getting WD symptoms for 3 months after I was off. I would get what I believe people here are calling brain zaps. it may not be for everyone but I started to reinstate weed into my system and that helped eliviated my wd symptoms

i went back on valium because I was experiencing some work related anxiety and figured since I was able to use valium to taper the first time then I would be able to taper again. I only used valium for roughly a year before starting my ongoing taper. So far going slow has worked out ok. I do expect some WD when i am finally off but this time I am not overthinking things and not adding to the anxiety of worrying. So ill let you know how things go.

now I need to update my signature so you can see how I have progressed to .6mg current dosage I take it 1/4 two times a day

any questions let me know

i hope I answered the original post and this has been somewhat informative to others

thanks badsocref

I also wanted to state to chenka44 that I also would try and do my dosing on an empty stomach so the food would affect the absorption when swallowing orally

I also took 3 times a day until I got down to a low dosage . I now am dosing two times a day to equalt the .6mgs dose

thanks again Badsocref I just wanted to understand the difference between sublingual and oral dosing and there effect

when i get to a lower dosage i may consider to doing sublingual especially if I have any food in my stomach

I have done sublingual on a few occasions when my stomach was full and I needed to dose.

thanks again everyone and if any one needs more info on how I reduce using pills let me know