Overwhelmed 😓

[Me...]

I'm just tired it's been three long c/t months I'm in so much pain my upper back hurts like hail my chest hurts as if I have a cracked sternum i dont believe I'll ever heal in pain 24/7 can't go NO where cause I get cortisol rushes anxiety  I feel like I'm getting worse

I'm just tired it's been three long c/t months I'm in so much pain my upper back hurts like hail my chest hurts as if I have a cracked sternum i dont believe I'll ever heal in pain 24/7 can't go NO where cause I get cortisol rushes anxiety  I feel like I'm getting worse

I cold turkeyed then detoxed, but suffered that 24/7 agony (a.k.a. the basement of Hell).  My heart truly goes out to you.  The 24/7 total hell did go away and symptoms went away without returning.  I wish I could take it away from you right now.

Thanks for responding 😞 I can't believe I'm 27 years old and in bed all the time I used to run around like crazy now I can't do nothing it looks like your 8 monts off can you share your symptoms

Thanks for responding 😞 I can't believe I'm 27 years old and in bed all the time I used to run around like crazy now I can't do nothing it looks like your 8 monts off can you share your symptoms

I feel your pain....or at least felt your pain. It does get better. Right now will be probably be your toughest period, and one that many people relapse during. And while it might not help much, try to consider this perspective on your current pain / situation. You've already beaten 3 months worth of this monster. Please don't relapse or you'll start from zero again. And that monster will still be waiting for you. The difference will be that you'll be older, further into the dependence and you may have additional life responsibilities that tend to increase with age. Fight it now. Beat it now. Hang in there.

I was bedridden (often writhing and moaning in physical agony)/computer chair ridden for months aside from trots to the kitchen and bathroom.  I am actually a health nut and was extremely athletic before benzo hell hit.  I'm fully functional again and back to exercising again.

My symptoms have dwindled down to tinnitus and hearing issues with primarily background noise issues (no ear issues pre benzos).  I still have bad dreams I awake from feeling scared, but nothing like the absolute terror at any time before.  I'm suffering depression and particular GI issues currently which some may consider "wave" material.  However, I strongly suspect the depression is epidural cortisone shot induced (common) because the depression vanished and reappeared with no personal issues catalyst immediately after the shot and is compounded by recent news of a family member in hospice.  I had the particular GI symptoms pre benzos.  Have an orthopedic issue I know is not directly benzo related as I had it pre benzos.  Sometimes my eye is dry and I have floaters (not even sure if related to my withdrawal), but the withdrawal blurry attacks have ended. 

Perhaps my symptoms might be down to zero now if my case was not mishandled and neglected as badly by medical professionals as it was.  I had one of the longest list of symptoms here.  I had no windows and waves alternatively.  I had 24/7 hell, then symptoms dropped away never to return.  So, I can say my healing thus far has been linear contrary to many on this site.  Every body is different and I believe our healing can be very different too.

• 2 weeks later...

That was me at 3 months, all things you described are unfortunately 'normal' in withdrawal.  You have to give it time, you're not getting worse, the pain you are feeling is your body healing from benzo, and you will get better with time.

I've got that back pain right now until a neighbour (83 yo) came around with a Chinese herbal lineament.  It worked, and I'm a non-believer.  My angel from across the road.  It's crippling, I know.

Dee x

I was bedridden (often writhing and moaning in physical agony)/computer chair ridden for months aside from trots to the kitchen and bathroom.  I am actually a health nut and was extremely athletic before benzo hell hit.  I'm fully functional again and back to exercising again.

My symptoms have dwindled down to tinnitus and hearing issues with primarily background noise issues (no ear issues pre benzos).  I still have bad dreams I awake from feeling scared, but nothing like the absolute terror at any time before.  I'm suffering depression and particular GI issues currently which some may consider "wave" material.  However, I strongly suspect the depression is epidural cortisone shot induced (common) because the depression vanished and reappeared with no personal issues catalyst immediately after the shot and is compounded by recent news of a family member in hospice.  I had the particular GI symptoms pre benzos.  Have an orthopedic issue I know is not directly benzo related as I had it pre benzos.  Sometimes my eye is dry and I have floaters (not even sure if related to my withdrawal), but the withdrawal blurry attacks have ended. 

Perhaps my symptoms might be down to zero now if my case was not mishandled and neglected as badly by medical professionals as it was.  I had one of the longest list of symptoms here.  I had no windows and waves alternatively.  I had 24/7 hell, then symptoms dropped away never to return.  So, I can say my healing thus far has been linear contrary to many on this site.  Every body is different and I believe our healing can be very different too.

[/quote

Did your chest pain go away this is my scariest symptom

It's called Zheng Gu Shui Liniment Mendo.  I'm in Australia so don't know if you can get it in your country. 

Don't even know whether I'm allowed to give names of stuff here but that's what it's called.  I have no vested interest in this stuff whatsoever except that it worked for my back pain. 

It's starting to wear off now but I put it on a couple of hours ago.  You just rub in on and beats using analgesics that's for sure. 

All hail my 83 yo Greek neighbour.  :smitten:

Dee x

[/quote

Did your chest pain go away this is my scariest symptom

In answer to your question, Mendoza, yes, my chest pain went away approximately 1 month after my last benzo and it never returned.  It is indeed a scary symptom.  My chest pains were so bad I was admitted to a cardiac unit overnight.  They thoroughly checked out my heart and it was fine, but the pain was very real and very intense.  I seriously wondered if I was having a heart attack when the pains came, so I understand why you write it is your scariest symptom.  I feel for you and hope you feel better real soon.  - RxDamaged