Love your thoughts on this

[Bo...]

Hi All,

I have changed my current dosage time of Clonazepam. Before I was 1mg every morning and sometimes an extra 1ml in the afternoon if i was feeling tired/unwell/hormonal. Since discovering a few days ago that I have been taking a VERY dangerous form of drug for 30 years, I decided to trial with some change before speaking with my neurologist (mild epilepsy). So now taking 0.5ml in the morning and 0.5ml in the afternoon. Would it be expected to feel so awful? I'm cold, achy, my torso is week and tremors. And I'm vague. I've either been hit by a flu, Ross River Virus or something of the like, or this change in timing has actually had a physical affect. Anyone gone through something similar that could just give me an idea as to whether this is the benzos or something else? Very grateful for any advise!!   

Hi All,

I have changed my current dosage time of Clonazepam. Before I was 1mg every morning and sometimes an extra 1ml in the afternoon if i was feeling tired/unwell/hormonal. Since discovering a few days ago that I have been taking a VERY dangerous form of drug for 30 years, I decided to trial with some change before speaking with my neurologist (mild epilepsy). So now taking 0.5ml in the morning and 0.5ml in the afternoon. Would it be expected to feel so awful? I'm cold, achy, my torso is week and tremors. And I'm vague. I've either been hit by a flu, Ross River Virus or something of the like, or this change in timing has actually had a physical affect. Anyone gone through something similar that could just give me an idea as to whether this is the benzos or something else? Very grateful for any advise!! 

Hi Boobah2002-

It can be very difficult to tell Boobah. Every one is different. Some people can get off of benzo relatively easily & heal quickly while others have a more difficult, challenging  time. Changing the time of day you dose should not have that great of an impact on how you feel. However, not being consistent in dosing after taking this type of medication for such a long time can lead to tolerance &/or another condition called kindling. These conditions are when one may start to feel symptoms of withdrawal while not technically having started a formal withdrawal. Or you simply could just be coming down with the flu. Very hard to determine at this point.

One thing you may want to consider doing to try to determine if what you are feeling is a bug or benzo related is to take that extra afternoon dose you occasionally take. If these symptoms diminish it is more than likely the benzo causing issues rather than a bug. Once you figure out what is going on symptom wise,  it may be advantageous for you to try to stick with more consistent dosing from this point forward.  :thumbsup:

Kindling

Reaching Tolerance Info

Thanks Bella.

Last week I knew nothing about benzos and the addictive qualities. I didnt take a dose for 32 hours then when I resumed I started spacing things out. So maybe a reaction to that... Might have been masked a little too as I was drinking wine during this time. Gosh, I look at what I just wrote and wonder what on earth I was thinking!

Think I might resume my normal dosage and see if anything happens.

Wishing you well. :-)

I changed my dosing times and I did feel different. However mine was for the better. Suppose we have to play around until we find the sweet spot.

Oh well, here's me learning so much in such a short time. Yesterday when I wrote the first message I was Nealy bed ridden.  Today I took my normal dose and my anxiety has gone, I'm still chilly and a little achy but better. I will try this again,  just not sure how it will look as I think any change may freak my system out a bit!!