Holy anxiety

[...]

Wow. I’m on day 6 of a cold turkey and last night around 1 am anxiety and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I gulped down some pepto got a hot water bottle to help sooth my stomach. Was sure I was going to vomit.

At this point I’ve spent almost 8 months convincing myself all my symptoms are due to illeness. I feel like I have a brain tumour or MS...those are my symptoms. How can 1-4 mg of Xanax weekly over 2 years cause all this.

I’ve had my eyes checked with photo, hearing, sinuses....everything but the mri. Can this really be the Xanax. I’m 31 years old and my health anxiety is threw the roof.

Anyways, this is awful but I can't help but think it’s something else. Am i crazy...is this the Benzo or do I have something else.

edit: content

Yes, it really can be the Xanax.  Health anxiety is pretty common.  It's best to have a checkup by the doctor and if everything checks out okay, it probably is Xanax related.

Day 6 of a Xanax c/t is probably about the height of misery.  I'm sorry...I'd look to it starting to subside anytime now. 

[7a...]

This is totally what a cold turkey from benzos feels like. It doesn’t take much to change your body’s chemistry, so even a couple of times a week for a year or two is plenty.

As horrifying as the symptoms are though, they do ease up over time – but you’re really in acute withdrawal now, and everything you’re experiencing is consistent with this.

I’m relieved that you’ve had this checked out by a doctor though, because that’s always the safest route to take.

Health anxiety is a huge thing with benzos, too. I was was also convinced that I had MS, especially since my mother had it, but I went to a neurosurgeon, had MRIs, the works – nothing but benzo WD.

While it’s certainly possible to tough it out, another option is to reinstate, stabilize, and then taper off very slowly. On the other hand, I did a cold turkey myself, and although it is a horrible thing to go through, it is survivable.

Here’s hoping you find some relief soon!  :smitten:

What I can’t understand is why my neuropathy is on the left mostly. My left hand and left leg feel weird most of the time.  The twitching is everywhere which I guess makes me feel better about als....but wow. Staying awake until 4 in the morning thinking if you fall asleep you won’t wake up....is really ruff.

Im sorry to hear about your mother...my uncle was diagnosed at 49. But he’s doing very well with all of it. Hasn’t stopped him any. Hoping your moms symptoms are mild to none existent as well !

Oh well I’m here to vent I guess. Don’t have much support around me, was doing the Xanax on my own..now I’ll have to deal with this monkey on my own as well.

At this point I’ve spent almost 8 months convincing myself all my symptoms are due to illeness. I feel like I have a brain tumour or MS...those are my symptoms. How can 1-4 mg of Xanax weekly over 2 years cause all this.

Can this really be the Xanax. I’m 31 years old and my health anxiety is threw the roof. edit: content

Believe me, it's the Xanax withdrawal. I've been there and was convinced I had the same types of ailments or conditions. About every two to three weeks, during my worst withdrawal period, I would develop different symptoms that hinted toward MS, brain tumor, cancer, etc. You can see some of my worried "WTF" posts in this forum. And the rebound anxiety feeds these health worries like gas on a fire. Watch as some of your symptoms change, disappear, reappear or switch sides on your body over the next several weeks. Try to relax, implement some 3X daily stretching, hot baths and some light physical activity.

Thanks for the advice. I’m trying my best to tell myself it’s the benzo...but those moments of weird pains really put a damper on my efforts. Yesterday was the headache...today is the nausea. It’s like every day it moves around but all stays the same. Twitching. Headache. Nausea. Neuropathy. Anxiety. Tinnitus. Insomnia.

I quit smoking like it was nothing. I’m not a drinker. I don’t gamble. Recreational drugs have never got a hold on me....but this one...this is a different animal.

Thanks for the advice. I’m trying my best to tell myself it’s the benzo...but those moments of weird pains really put a damper on my efforts. Yesterday was the headache...today is the nausea. It’s like every day it moves around but all stays the same. Twitching. Headache. Nausea. Neuropathy. Anxiety. Tinnitus. Insomnia.

I quit smoking like it was nothing. I’m not a drinker. I don’t gamble. Recreational drugs have never got a hold on me....but this one...this is a different animal.

Yes.. Yes it is.  I feel for ya im going through that animal phase now myself AND ten YEARS of 'legal' medication so im scared for my situation but reading these posts helps.  Try to distract yourself with some mindless activity and try to wear yourself out to the point where you literally have no choice but to fall asleep when you finally can

I’m 10 days c/t. Feeling pretty good. Headache is low. The twitching is stil there. My restless legs are still annoying the hell out of me.

The symptom I’m really hating right now is this weird feeling in my left hand and lower leg. It’s like numb...but not numb. Almost feels mike they are detached. Feels like I’m walking weird but I’m not...feels like I have less strength but I don’t.

I’m really looking forward to that symptom to go away. Maybe I should just start a intensive cardio program. See if that changes any of the neuropathy.