anti anxiety med implicated in vegas mass shooting

[Sa...]

As soon as I heard he was on benzos I knew that's what did it. I've had all kinds a tweaked thoughts all throughout my withdrawal, but I'm strong enough to overcome them. I always felt that some people may not be and that's why we get these killers and suicides.

I heard a report somewhere that before all this happened, his wife/girlfriend claimed he was acting erratically and would just lay in bed screaming "oh god, oh god"

That part especially hit home with me, because I do something very similar regularly.

There is no proof that Valium induced his shooting spree. For all we know, he could have been hoarding valium to end his own life. Or he could have taken it on purpose days before the act to lower his inhibitions. No proof that he was dependent on it at the time. The guy was known to drink alcohol, too. Who's to say that didn't have an impact on his brain? Plus we don't know what kinds of drugs he had taken throughout his whole life. Maybe he dabbled with cocaine in his youth. Nobody knows.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-paddock-brother-drug-dealer-wanted-police-claims-las-vegas-shooting-a7984851.html

The brother of the Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock is a suspected drug dealer who is wanted by the police, a report said.

Bruce Paddock has been arrested in the past over a number of alleged crimes, including selling marijuana, theft and arson, according to legal documents obtained by entertainment website, TMZ.

His criminal past emerged after it was revealed that Stephen and Bruce’s father, Benjamin "Big Daddy" Paddock, was a serial bank robber who was once on the FBI’s Top 10 most wanted list.