Using Ora Plus for the first time

[83...]

[83...]

Tomorrow I plan on starting a taper using OraPlus for the first time and I just wanted to show the instructions that a friend who is also tapering sent to me to see if everything looks in order. I am on 2.5 mg's of Klonopin and right now dosing three times a day (1 mg, 1 mg, .5 mg). I will only be making a suspension with the .5 mg tablet and taking the other 2 mg's dry.

This is a 1:1 suspension, so whatever dose you pull in ml equals the same amount in milligrams. Here are her instructions:

To start out tapering your 0.5 dose, you’re going to crush fourteen (14) 0.5 pills in your mortar and pestle as fine a powder as you can possibly make.

You will place the powder in the glass amber colored vial and add 4ml of distilled water and shake vigorously for one (1) minute. Then add 3ml of OraPlus and shake vigorously for one (1)minute and place in the refrigerator.  This will give you a total of 7mg of klonopin. This is now your middle dose for the day. It will last you 2 weeks (maybe a little longer). The OraPlus alone does not need to be refrigerated. Always refrigerate your klonopin suspension immediately after dosing. You will pull from this every day according to the excel sheet. The yellow highlighted doses are what you will pull daily. Ignore the rest of the columns, they are just needed to calculate the doses you need. Again, only pay attention to the yellow highlighted area of the sheet. Remember to always shake the suspension before dosing for 30 seconds.

This is for a two week trial to see if you like the regime. The liquid is small, but I don’t want to use any more pills than necessary in case you decide this isn’t what you want to do. If you decide you do like the regime, I will work with you to make bigger batches to continue.

To start out tapering your 0.5 dose, you’re going to crush fourteen (14) 0.5 pills in your mortar and pestle as fine a powder as you can possibly make.

You will place the powder in the glass amber colored vial and add 4ml of distilled water and shake vigorously for one (1) minute. Then add 3ml of OraPlus and shake vigorously for one (1)minute and place in the refrigerator.  This will give you a total of 7mg of klonopin. This is now your middle dose for the day. It will last you 2 weeks (maybe a little longer). The OraPlus alone does not need to be refrigerated. Always refrigerate your klonopin suspension immediately after dosing. You will pull from this every day according to the excel sheet. The yellow highlighted doses are what you will pull daily. Ignore the rest of the columns, they are just needed to calculate the doses you need. Again, only pay attention to the yellow highlighted area of the sheet. Remember to always shake the suspension before dosing for 30 seconds.

The manufacturer's guidelines specify that the OraPlus can be diluted up to 50%.  Your formula of 3ml OraPlus and 4ml water exceeds the manufacturer's quidelines.

"ORA-Plus will retain its suspending properties when diluted up to 50% with water, ..."

https://www.perrigo.com/files/rx/pdfs/pds173-ORA-Plus.pdf

[83...]
I just made my first solution and there were orange particles everywhere (in the bottle I used to shake everything up, in the funnel I used, on my fingers). Since I'm using generic clonazepam my friend insists that this is just filament and binders but being the hypochondriac that I am I wanna make sure I did this right and I'm not losing a big chunk of medication. Is this normal?

Your .5mg tablet probably weighs about 150mg,  so the actual K is less than 1/2 percent of the total  (.5mg/150mg = .003 = .3%).  So yeah, there's a lot of material there that is NOT K.  Don't worry about it, doesn't make any difference.