Day 7 of switching to liquid titration. Pls help

[CM...]

I’m currently on 4mg Valium total daily. 2mg in the am and 2mg at night.

-7 days ago I put my morning dose in goats milk. Taking night dose by pill still.

Today I am feeling rough. All my withdrawal sx are much worse. Is this normal when starting titration? I haven’t cut. Just put my dose in liquid. Would help to hear some advice. Thank you.

[5a...]

A fair number of people seem to experience a drop in their medication level when they switch to a liquid titration.  Sometimes, it's because the liquid formulation isn't being done properly.  Sometimes I think it's because people were taking their pills sublingually (at least in part) and were taking a lot more drug than they thought they were taking (sublingual absorption is more efficient than if you swallow the pills so 4mg might have really been acting like 5 or 6 or maybe even more mgs depending on how long you kept the pill in your mouth before swallowing it.

One option is to updose your liquid portion slightly (maybe 10%), and wait a few days to see if that helped.  Or maybe take 3mg of your dosage as solid and liquid titrate just 1mg.

Liquid is a great approach for titration, but you have to get crossed over to liquid and it can take some time to get thru all of the kinks.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was thinking of doing just the 1mg like you said. If I do that, will it be even though? Or do I just save the other half of the pill for the next day to titrate?

So say I put half of a 2mg pill in liquid, and I start to titrating the 1mg...do I save that other half for next days titrate, and just use another pill for the 1mg dry dose?

I would think if u break a pill in half to titrate, you would want to use THAT other half the following day so that you’re using the same pill 2 days in a row so that the dosing is right.

Do I have this right?

[5a...]
I'm guessing that you could do 1.5mg as a solid pill (for each dose) and 0.5mg a a liquid (again, for each dose).  You could probably make 1.0 mg in goat's milk and take half of that in the morning and half in the evening.