How do I get the Titration instructions?

[su...]

I'm on 11 mg of Valium now.  I've been following the Ashton protocol pretty much to the letter, but have had very bad symptoms cutting from 12 mg to 11 mg (went to 10 mg but "up-dosed" to 11 mg because symptoms have been so bad).  I guess keep following Ashton with a 1 mg cut every 2 weeks?  I have a graduated cylinder coming tomorrow with 1 mg increments.

I'm on 11 mg of Valium now.  I've been following the Ashton protocol pretty much to the letter, but have had very bad symptoms cutting from 12 mg to 11 mg (went to 10 mg but "up-dosed" to 11 mg because symptoms have been so bad).  I guess keep following Ashton with a 1 mg cut every 2 weeks?  I have a graduated cylinder coming tomorrow with 1 mg increments.

Sorry.... benzo brain.  My cylinder is 100 ml.  I have both 5 mg and 2 mg diazepam tablets.

Ok so you have a 100ml cylinder & you have 5mg & 2mg tablets & you are currently @ 11mg struggling with a whole bunch of symptoms .... You were a long term Xanax user, tapering since spring of 2017.... got it  :thumbsup:

It is recommended to taper @ 5 -10% of your dose every 10-14 days. You are very symptomatic right now correct? If this is the case, do you want to continue to go at the 10% every two weeks? Do you want to make small cuts daily or continue to make cuts every 2 weeks?

When I tapered Valium I found it easiest to reduce daily using a combination of liquid & tablets reducing a tiny bit every day. Are you familiar with the daily microtaper? Sometimes when one is symptomatic this method is easier on the CNS due to the small daily cuts verses the larger bi- weekly cuts. Just works better for some. Something for you to consider.

Yes, the worst symptoms I've had yet.  If possible, I'd like to try the rate of 5-10% every 10-14 days.  If I get too many symptoms, I assume I can slow down to a slower taper?  The daily micro taper is what I'd like to try. 

Also, my sleep has been fine until this recent cut.  I'm taking the whole 11 mg at bedtime, along with the mirtazapine and lithium.  I'm falling asleep just fine, but now I'm waking up at 3 am and can't fall back asleep.  Can't nap at all during the day.  Interested to know if it is possible to take a dose at bedtime and then one during the day to help with daytime symptoms.  Of course, that could make the insomnia worse.  Arrggg!!!!!

Here is plan from 11mg. You can always try dosing 2x a day.

Plan is to reduce 10% of current dose every 14 days. Daily reductions will be made using a combination of tablets & a liquid suspension. Taper rate may change according to symptoms.

FORMULA: 1:1 (1ML = 1MG)

1) Crush 5 - 10mg Valium tablets into a fine powder using mortise & pestal

2) Put 30ml of Ora-Plus suspension + 20ml of distilled water in a 100 ml graduating cylinder. Shake well

3) Add crushed Valium tablets to Ora-Plus Suspension. Shake vigourously.

4) Pour suspension into 50ml amber glass container.

5) Use a 1ml 100 increment tuburculin syringe (without needle) to draw up liquid portion of dose.

** Instead of crushing tablets: Use 10ml of Ethanol + 25ml Ora-Plus + 15ml distillled water

There are 50 - 1:1  1ml doses in this suspension formula. 

10% of 11mg = 1.1mg; 1.1/14 = .08mg = Total daily reduction

5%  of 11mg =  .55mg; .55/14 = .04mg = Total daily reduction

(Calculations are rounded off)

Start Dose: 11mg;  (11mg - 1x daily)                                                                   

Tablets              Liquid                  Total Dose     

Day              10%  5%           10%  5%                 10%  5%

Start                10mg                  1ml                      11      11

1)                  10mg                .92/.96                10.92/10.96

2)                  10mg                .84/.92                10.84/10.92

3)                  10mg                .76/.88                10.76/10.88

4)                  10mg                .68/.84                10.68/10.84

5)                  10mg                .60/.80                10.60/10.80

6)                  10mg                .52/.76                10.52/10.76

7)                  10mg                .44/.72                10.44/10.72

8}                  10mg                .36/.68                10.36/10.68

9)                  10mg                .28/.64                10.28/10.64

10)                  10mg                .20/.60                10.20/10.60

11)                  10mg                .12/.56                10.12/10.56

12)                  10mg                .04/.52                10.04/10.52

13)              9mg/10mg            .96/.48                  9.96/10.48

14)              9mg/10mg            .88/.44                  9.88/10.44

Thank you so much, Bella!  My cylinder and other supplies got delayed by Amazon.  I'm going to give it a try with my wife's help this week.  My brain fog is so bad, following instructions is hard right now (thank god for my wife).  I'll let you know how it goes.

One other question.... Do you have recommendation for a YouTube video link that shows titration with the tools and ingredients mentioned?  I've searched on YouTube and the titration methods seem to vary a lot.  The links in the Titration Taper Plan instructions seem to be broken.

One other question.... Do you have recommendation for a YouTube video link that shows titration with the tools and ingredients mentioned?  I've searched on YouTube and the titration methods seem to vary a lot.  The links in the Titration Taper Plan instructions seem to be broken.

Hi there..

Unfortunately, I do not have any youtube recommendations other than what use to be in the broken board links. The methods do vary. I will check into the broken links in the Titration Taper Plan & let you know.  :thumbsup:

IMO, most of the youtube videos are either 1) wrong, 2) unnecessarily complicated, or 3) confusing.

Just follow the detailed instructions Bella gave you.

IMO, most of the youtube videos are either 1) wrong, 2) unnecessarily complicated, or 3) confusing.

Just follow the detailed instructions Bella gave you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ^^^ THIS