Vodka Liquid Titration with 10mg Diazepam (Valium) Plan

[Jo...]

I know all the information is out there but my anxiousness is making me double check.  :D

I am planing on doing a smooth liquid titration now, with vodka and water. I have got myself a 20ml oral syringe and I am going to buy a bottle of 40% vodka. I have 10mg Diazepam (Valium) tablets, I feel the need to state that they are not scored and are film-coated,  so do I need to crush them?

My plan

Get a gloss bottle/jar with at least 100ml storage. Buy 40% vodka. Crush 10mg Diazepam pill in bottle/jar, add 1ml of 40% vodka and wait 5 mins for it to dissolve. Then add 99ml of water to give a solution where 10ml = 1mg?

To those in the know, how does my plan sound?

[df...]
Sounds like a good plan. 1ml is a very tiny amount of vodka; I tended to use more like 2 or 3 ml to dissolve a 10mg pill. The pill will dissolve without even needing to crush it first.

For each 1mg of V, use 2ml vodka.

So your procedure will be 10mg tablet + 20ml 80 proof vodka + 80 ml water.

Oh wow, I have seen people say they used 1-3ml but I have also seen people say they use 20ml like you. Seems like a lot though because a vodka shot can be 25ml. I mean if I started tapering at 5mg, I would be consuming 10ml of vodka no? I mean it's not much but just want to double check that with you before I try it because I am all set othewise  :thumbsup:

[df...]
I really don't think you need 20ml vodka to dissolve a 10mg pill. It's easy enough to give it a try with just 2ml. My money is on "the pill dissolves" :)

The pill will almost certainly disintegrate/deconstruct.  That will even happen in plain water without any alcohol.  But that is NOT an indication of dissolution/dissolving.

There are some tables somewhere her on BB, constructed by BB SG57, that show the solubility of various benzos in alcohol/water solvents.  Using 80 proof vodka, diazepam  is just barely soluble in a 1mg per ml ratio.  1mg per 2ml is recommended as a more reliable ratio.

[df...]

Maybe you are right, builder.

Anyway, my advice: In the words of the great Bob Marley, "Stir It Up!". (Well, maybe that song was talking about something else... :) ). If you produce your 100ml mix of mostly-water/some-vodka/Valium, stir it up to ensure the Valium is evenly mixed. Then measure, and drink up.

Cheers,

CP

Excellent advice guys and it all totally makes sense. I think I'm going to go with a 2-3ml mix and give it a proper stir. I'll report back if any issues pop up and will try the 2ml for every 1mg if needed.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Only my second day on liquid tapering and I'm really feeling it. Unusual amount of withdrawal symptoms today. It almost feels like I didn't even take a dose last night.

Just to be clear, I have not made any cuts and am still on 5mg. I wanted to stay on same dose as I switched over, so it would be steady. It almost feels as if I've missed a dose.

Was this the case for you guys?

Only my second day on liquid tapering and I'm really feeling it. Unusual amount of withdrawal symptoms today. It almost feels like I didn't even take a dose last night.

Just to be clear, I have not made any cuts and am still on 5mg. I wanted to stay on same dose as I switched over, so it would be steady. It almost feels as if I've missed a dose.

Was this the case for you guys?

Yeah, that's what happened when I tried "water" titration.

I'm feeling a bit better today. It's hard to say whether it was a bad nights sleep that made things worse or the liquid taper. I've gone to crushing the pills and dissolving them in 5ml 40% vodka. Still not quite the 20ml you advise builder but we'll see how I get on.