IN UK IT IS DEFO A CRIMINAL OFFENCE FOR ANY DOCTOR TO STOP YOUR PRESCIBED DRUGS

[no...]

I found  since I wanted to know the answer yesterday after much research out that since 2013 its illegal for ANYONE whoever they are, even a Doctor/Medical personnel of any kind,  to make you cut down, come off, stop or go on any other prescribed medicine against your will under ''THE LAW OF CONSENT'' Its also been updated in 2017 as ''2017 LAW OF CONSENT''

Consent – The basics

1 Apr 2013

Summary

Respect for patients’ autonomy ( of your own free will) is expressed in consent law; to impose care or treatment on people without respecting their wishes and right to self-determination is not only unethical, but illegal.

More information regarding this law here on my other thread below  I posted yeterday  when I was trying to find out if the law gave patients the power to stop the Doctors stopping or  prescribing ALL types of drugs or treatment under ''THE LAW OF CONSENT''. Read through the thread as its too much for me to have to go through it and re-type everything I found out about the law, and your rights to not be taken off prescribed medicine against your free will and consent

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LAW OF CONSENT REGARDING BENZOS IN UK http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=197042.0

If they try to stop your drugs you can either tell them' I REFUSE TO GIVE MY CONSENT UNDER 2017 CONSENT LAW '' Or put it in writing, I've drafted a four page letter pointing out lot's of illegalities to send to my Doctors Surgery Management, as that's where you send any complaints regarding the Doctor NOT directly to the Doctor their self.

I've asked the Receptionist to ask the Doctor to ring me to see if he listens to what I got to say and over turn his ''criminal act''  >:( and if not the letter's going in and I will take it further if I have to, although I seriously doubt it will go further once they read my letter and all the legal documentation I've put in there as well. 

They can NOT kick me out of the surgery if it comes to going further than a phone call either as that's also ILLEGAL. I really hope this helps others out their living in terror of being dragged off any drugs by any medical persons like I was  >:(

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova

I think the information you are quoting applies to England and Wales,  I do not know the position in Scotland.  I cannot seem to find the relevant information.  We do not have a Law of Consent as far as I know.  We had the Montgomery case which seems to have been a landmark legal ruling as to what constitutes informed consent.  Not sure about Northern Ireland either

Montgomery case ....

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/ethics/consent/legal-update-on-risk-and-informed-consent

Fiona  >:( >:(>:(

Hi Nova

I think the information you are quoting applies to England and Wales,  I do not know the position in Scotland.  I cannot seem to find the relevant information.  We do not have a Law of Consent as far as I know.  We had the Montgomery case which seems to have been a landmark legal ruling as to what constitutes informed consent.  Not sure about Northern Ireland either

Montgomery case ....

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/ethics/consent/legal-update-on-risk-and-informed-consent

Fiona  >:( >:(>:(

Hi Fiona  :hug: I'm just posting this for others as you probably know already now ;) x

Your Dr CAN NOT force you off against your free will, or  to what amounts to cold turkey  >:( Its DEFINITELY illegal I have it from a VERY HUGELY reliable source :thumbsup:  Its not up for disagreement or debate ITS ILLEGAL!!!  IN ALL OF UK Scotland, Ireland, England, and Wales, its a ''NATIONAL'' law not a REGIONAL law.  Your Dr is committing a criminal act, Here's what you need to do .

If they try to stop your drugs write out  the instructions below, and get a receipt for it take it in person if you can or get someone to go directly to your Dr's and get a receipt, even if its one you written out yourself stating you handed  a letter in for the Practice manager then date it and get a signature  so they can't say they never got it.

And write in the letter I REFUSE TO GIVE MY CONSENT UNDER 2017 CONSENT LAW '' then what your not consenting to EG: Stopping your Medication or forcing you off of any kind of Drugs your not consenting to  Write it to the Doctors Surgery Management, as that's where you send any complaints regarding the Doctor NOT directly to the Doctor their self.

They can NOT kick you out of the surgery if it comes to going further than a phone call either as that's also ILLEGAL. I really hope this helps others out their living in terror of being dragged off any drugs by any medical persons like I was  >:(

Thanks, Nova, I agree with you about it being illegal.  I thought you said there was an Act in England and Wales, we do not have an Act as far as I know.  But that does not mean consent law does not apply.  It is really good to know though that it is now illegal.

Best wishes

Fiona  :smitten: 

Hi Nova

I am still tying to clarify this in my mind so that I can post in other groups accurately.

I was a bit confused because Montgomery vs Lanarkshire was a Scottish case but of course it was heard in the Supreme Court of the UK and that covers all four UK countries.  Now I am wondering why it is the Law of Consent 2017  .. what happened in 2017, why is it not 2015?  I just want to get as many facts as possible.

I do not think it is a criminal offence for a doctor to stop your drugs .. it would not be a criminal court that would consider any legal action, but a civil court.

I am posting about this on Facebook, hence my coming back to it again!! 

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Hi Fiona :hug: it was Una Corbett of B.A.T. who first explained under the law of consent my Diazepam cannot be stopped and neither can I be forced off them at a rate I wasn't happy with or before I'm ready said to put 2017 Law of consent underneath, write the letter in the format I've put on here as I believe from what she said it was revised in 2017. And also the other person, you know who I'm talking about, said they can not stop your medication without your consent, as its illegal, and to let her know if this happens or they cut me down she will go to the surgery. Also the other recent case I posted where the patent was paralysed and was awarded £4 million, don't look at the injury look at the law its self you have to read it in in FULL context all I've done is break it down to simplify it and I'm too ill to get all 'legal' and break EVERYTHING down in to simplicity I had to read ALL the links I posted right the way through an that's why there there for others to do the same as well. It took me hours and had to go back and read all the links  a few times to get it,  :)

Thanks, Nova, I appreciate you highlighting this issue.  I really do.  I have passed on the information and links etc and trying my best to answer any questions. 

Take care

Fiona  :smitten: