New to titration with clonazepam, and a bit frightened

[Lu...]

Hi everyone...

I think I understand liquid titration, but I’m not crystal clear on keeping track of the cuts on a spreadsheet? Journal?

I have been on clonazepam since April 2016. At first I only took .125mgs a day in order to help me sleep while starting Prozac. That ended up being a nightmare so I was taken off Prozac at the beginning of July(no taper) and then my doctor began trying to taper clonazepam at the end of July. It didn’t go well, so I reinstated in August to .25mgs a day and have been on that ever since. I did take .5mgs a few times a week in November 2017, but have not done that since. So presently I am on .25mgs a day, taken at night before bed.

My understanding of titration is to take 2mL of vodka and dissolve my clonazepam pill, then add that to 248mL of water. Shake well and split into how many doses you need for the day.

My questions:

Do I need to use 248mL water? Can it be 200mL? How do I figure this out?

Do I need a spreadsheet, journal? I’m not sure how to make the calculations. It’s very overwhelming.

Do I switch straight over to liquid titration with this smaller dose? And should I split up the dose throughout the day?

I’ve tried to figure it out by reading others posts, but it seems specific to each situation. So thank you in advance!

My story is very long, but I am very frightened of coming off this medication after what I have been through with my health, the multiple misdiagnosis I’ve received from doctors only to find out it was medications and contrast agents that made me so sick, and of course everything I’ve read about benzos. I include this because I’ve been through two years of pain and suffering and the thought of having to go through more scares the daylights out of me. I hope someone can help me and I appreciate any help I can get! I’m using my cell phone to post this, so I apologize if I’m a bit choppy.

You can really choose about any mg/ml ratio you want, but the simplest method is...

For each 1mg of benzo, dissolve in 2ml vodka, and add either a) 8ml water, or b) 98ml water.  With 8ml water you end up with 10mg liquid, each ml contains .1mg K.  With 98ml, you end up with 100ml liquid, each ml contains .01mg K.

By using either .1mg/ml, or .01mg/ml, there really is no math involved in measuring/tracking your taper.  You just move the decimal.

If your familiar with software spreadsheets, that's a good way to plan and track your taper.  If you don't do a formal spreadsheet, just do a paper schedule.  It would look something like this if you do a .01mg/ml solution:

.25mg    (25ml)

.2485mg    (24.85ml)

.247mg      (24.7ml)

.2455mh    (24.55ml)

That's an example of a .0015mg/day reduction, or approx 8.4% every 2 weeks.

Thank you! I think I was making it too complicated. After seeing you lay it out like that, it makes complete sense. This is perfect...

Much appreciated!