Constant health anxiety/general anxiety

[Lo...]

I just don't know what to do anymore.  Its literally one thing after another.  If its not crazy anxiety in the morning, its air hunger.  Is the air hunger because of the chronic anxiety or is the chronic anxiety because of the air hunger? I cant exercise. I cant go out and even simply enjoy normal activities without feeling like im playing Russian roulette with how im going to feel.  I am almost completely housebound, and that in itself is causing so many issues, but that's where I feel less symptoms.  I need to exercise.  I need to reduce stress and be more positive.  But HOW?!!! How can I do that when this sickness is literally consuming every aspect of my life?  I used to surf, bike, go out with friends, and have strong relationships with the people around me.  Now, I feel like I have no one.  I can barley make it through a full day at work without having crazy cortisol rushes and/or overwhelming anxiety.  I work in an office, and missed out on a better job opportunity within my company because I knew I couldn't go for it feeling the way I do, and if I got it, I wouldn't be able to perform at 100%.  This is absolute torture.  It is relentless, never ending, and every day seems like something new.  I have chest pains, lightheadedness, intrusive thoughts and the list goes on.  I have been tapering down but have only cut .25 off my AM/PM doses.  Im not even halfway there and have been holding at this dose for 2 months now, and cant see how I can reduce further.  I apologize for the negative rant/venting, but I feel like this is going to be me forever.  I turn 30 in less than a month, and I never in my wildest dreams thought this is how I would spend it.  I know everyone says I will heal and get better, but that seems like forever away and meanwhile im just watching time and my life wither away in front of me while I lay on my couch because that's where I don't feel like absolute crap. 

You might slow down in your taper. Maybe even hold for awhile until you feel better. It sounds like your CNS is not handling the taper well. This is all about the nerves. You might even go to a micro taper, or check out the support group for that. I c/t'd .5 mg. of Ativan, and then went on to Klonopin to get off the other .5 mg. I did it all wrong and very much regret it. Just a thought.

• 3 months later...
I have dealth with the bad anxiety throughout my taper. The HA is the worst. I am so scared to go to the Doctor because I think everything is wrong. I did finally go the other day and stuff was normal. Benzo withdrawal does this to us. I held many times over a few months for sxs to settle down. If you look at my signature you can see how slow I went and I still had anxiety. The rest of the symptoms were manageable.